House Price Crash Forum

Ed Balls Is Going To Go For Leadership Of The Labour Party - I Reckon - Within Next Few Years

Si1

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

He's everywhere, and i dislike him, but Ed Milliband is terrible and I reckon Balls may have him by the balls soon...

He'll be aiming to time his leadership for when he reckons Labour will have a chance. He didn't want it last time, just to mark out his place as a contender.

In a perverse way I almost like Milibrown. He's kind-of a blank sheet.

HOLA448

No ..its more basic than that

In what will be cold comfort for Osborne, his Labour party counterpart Ed Balls is also facing months of uncertainty over his own seat, which is facing substantial alterations to accommodate the reduction in MPs. The Shadow Chancellor can expect to have to fight his Labour colleague Hillary Benn for the proposed new seat of Leeds South West and Morley.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/09/12/boundary-changes-bring-wo_n_958653.html

He won the Morley and Outwood constituency in West Yorkshire with 18,365 votes, with Tory challenger Antony Calvert polling 17,264. Mr Balls was defending a majority of more than 8,000.
reduced to a 1100.... Benn however has a majority of 10645......could be fun !

Its all about political survival .....Mcbride will be back in business methinks

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Balls is a chameleon and will say what ever reassuring words are necessary. He'll be far worse than Brown and that takes some doing.

I do wish that we had a chance to vote for someone who wasn't actually evil, or Nick Clegg. It's like 'Vote for Shub-Niggurath and be devoured by her thousand black offspring', or 'Vote for Yog-Sothoth and be ritually sacrificed at midnight' , or 'Vote for Nick Clegg'. Technically democratic, yes, but you'd really wand a non-evil alternative, just for balance's sake.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Within a few years? A few months more like.

When he does topple Milliband, it will be a big indicator that the Coalition has passed their usefulness, and another election is looming.

The worm is turning, and tptb are turning their backs on austerity.

I thought sitting tight in the basement with a years supply of beans was the way to go, now I reckon only fleeing is the best policy for survival.

HOLA4414

When he does topple Milliband, it will be a big indicator that the Coalition has passed their usefulness, and another election is looming.

I thought sitting tight in the basement with a years supply of beans was the way to go, now I reckon only fleeing is the best policy for survival.

Unfortunately, due to austerity, the Mars colonisation project has been postponed.. so where do you plan to flee to?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Balls may win a snap election at the bottom of the economic dip, but i doubt the coalition will call one

as for 2015, I can see Balls being pretty toxic to the electorate, how much tho, remains to be seen - I really can't see middle england voting for him

HOLA4420

Amen to that.The reality is that these guys only have to be popualr with swing voters in about 100-150 constituencies,about 600,000+.Why else have we been led by such a bunch of ...............

I'm pretty sure it's less than that. Wasn't the 2005 election decided by only 180,000 swing votes?!

Edited by PopGun

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Latest betting Next Labour Leader

Victor Chandler:

Yvette Cooper

11/4

David Miliband

5/1

Chuka Umanna

8/1