House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Anyone Know Any Wealthy Teachers ? Are They Still Buying Like Mofos?

property-bull teachers do my head in. they really do....

ditto.

The only teachers I know are the 'struggling to find a place they can afford' sort, ie normal young people who rent. They're not far enough up the heirarchy to be on a decent wage.

One of said teachers is a total numpty with money, which I think is the sort of base material into which a property bull mentality can be encouraged to take root. In this case however, they are so bad with money that buying is out of the question.

Edited by cheeznbreed

A couple I know both teachers have just bought a new 61 reg VW Golf, does that count? :)

well they need something comfotable to sit in while they're on strike...

Anything that actually stops them peddling snake-oil property/BTL/greed lies to the next generation is ok in my book.

:) ... not so much "fixed it for you" ... as to have added my view of what a significant proportion of teachers do ... *sigh*

edit: grammar

Edited by Aidan Ap Word

What is it with Teachers and property?

Got a cousin who recently became a teacher, first thing she does is 'buy' a shared equity house after her parents MEW to pay for the 15% deposit and is now getting hammered by rent AND mortgage.

Oh and by the way, obviously the third of the house she 'owns' ranks first for any market falls, so realistically she is already wiped out.

Do they brain wash teachers on property ownership during teacher training or something.

My parents were both teachers and have an extensive property portfolio of 1 family home which they've lived in for over 30 years.

In fact come to think of it I know loads of teachers none of whom own more than 1 property.

Still Fergus and Judith were teachers therefore ALL teachers are BTL scum. I love the logic.

My parents were both teachers and have an extensive property portfolio of 1 family home which they've lived in for over 30 years.

In fact come to think of it I know loads of teachers none of whom own more than 1 property.

Still Fergus and Judith were teachers therefore ALL teachers are BTL scum. I love the logic.

:lol:

perhaps it's a generational thing, maybe The Wilsons were the spiritual leaders of the teacher properdie craze, but a craze there is, even if your own folks are not part of it

+1

Lots of my friends and family are teachers. All work very hard teaching. None went on strike about pensions. None own more than one property, and of those who own property half are flats - not houses.

Bashing bankers I can understand. Never got my head round why teachers are eyed so suspiciously on this website.

+1

Lots of my friends and family are teachers. All work very hard teaching. None went on strike about pensions. None own more than one property, and of those who own property half are flats - not houses.

Bashing bankers I can understand. Never got my head round why teachers are eyed so suspiciously on this website.

Well they hardly engineer software, do they!

+1

Because some people, including the op, are stupid bitter tw@ts who have nothing better to do then make sweeping generalisation rather than look at the mirror.

Because some people, including the op, are stupid bitter tw@ts who have nothing better to do then make sweeping generalisation rather than look at the mirror.

f*ck off knob and read the OP again, I did not write all the posts

d*ckhead

property-bull teachers do my head in. they really do....

re-hashing the OP

i know several extremely property-bullish teachers, crazily so, this is a fact, I know them, I have met them, I have had conversations with them

I am sure there are those that do not, however i did not refer to them did I

I specifically referred to property-bull teachers, not ALL teachers, just the large amount that are mental on property

Funny thus thread should pop up... Mrs sbn and I realised the the owners of the 4 biggest houses among our friends..... teachers..... Primary sch and female mostly. Seems to be a one way bet to a ruch hubby and massive house. Dunno why. Maybe their nurturing profession makes them appear attractive to the wealthy man looking to breed?

I recently warned a teacher friend off starting his pension property empire. Wanted to get his teacher brother and teacher sister to pile into property and take the short term loss on the inevitable capital gains to be made very soon. Not sure he listened.

What I find weird is how public sector people stick together, marrying each other with generations of the same family in on it.

I can imagine cruise liners just filled with teachers, coppers, doctors, civil service wonks etc where you would be hard pushed to find anyone who worked commercially. I took the wrong road I really did, it's thankless and pensionless.

What I find weird is how public sector people stick together, marrying each other with generations of the same family in on it.

I can imagine cruise liners just filled with teachers, coppers, doctors, civil service wonks etc where you would be hard pushed to find anyone who worked commercially. I took the wrong road I really did, it's thankless and pensionless.

Would you want to risk your £500,000 pension ponzi pot in a divorce settlement unless you married a f**ker with a matching pot.

For the record it would cost that to buy a £20,000 super-annuated annuity at 60.

Absolutely damn right that we are enslaved to these teachers and good on them for putting their pensions to good use in providing the plebs with BTL houses for rent.

Edited by crashmonitor

What about actors and showbiz types, they seem to love property too. Every time there's one of those Sunday supplement articles about 'a day in the life of...' some bint from a soap opera or a washed up 80s pop star, they always say 'My old mum/dad/gran/teacher always told me "you can't go wrong with bricks and mortar". So, rather than wasting my money on a pension, which we artistic types are too spiritual to understand, I have invested all my money in an up and coming apartment complex in Antarctica. Although nothing's sold yet, I'm reliably informed that values will pick up as we come out of recession'. (Sharon Bint is appearing in 'Babes in the Wood' at the Regal Theatre, Wallasey).

it's a ponzi and the later entrants will get a lot less out than current retirees, thankfully

the cpi adjustment is very significant, and a sign of the brainlessness of the recipients that they do not realise that this first cut to their entitlements was the deepest, and they didn't squeak

Edited by Si1

f*ck off knob and read the OP again, I did not write all the posts

d*ckhead

Well if you going to start a rather stupid thread prepare to take some stick. I note you have posted close to 14000 posts some of them rather bitter. I would suggest at a conservative 3 minutes a post you could of used some of the 42000 minutes doing something socially constructive rather than hiding behind hpc. So I say again take a long look at the mirror.

Well if you going to start a rather stupid thread prepare to take some stick. I note you have posted close to 14000 posts some of them rather bitter. I would suggest at a conservative 3 minutes a post you could of used some of the 42000 minutes doing something socially constructive rather than hiding behind hpc. So I say again take a long look at the mirror.

So ....what do you do that's so socially constructive? Are you a teacher with a BTL?

anyone with a good stable income and career path with giant pension at early returement ( compared to others) was able to get a super mortgage, super terms and a super set of BTL...if they wanted.

not just teachers.

What bugs many, is that this type of worker, mostly in the public sector, havent seen any problems with their position financially....yet, so, probably not maliciously, they rub every ones noses in it by mentioning how succesful they are...

Edited by Bloo Loo

So ....what do you do that's so socially constructive? Are you a teacher with a BTL?

Hmmm another keyboard warrior, no I am not a teacher with a BTL and I man a phoneline for the Samaritans for a couple of hours a week among other things.