House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

I Think We're Finally Back To 2009

After 2 years of a QE and insanity fueled recovery I think we are finally back to where we were in 2009.

House prices should continue their downward trajectory now and people really are starting to panic/get scared.

The media stories have turned and there is an even stronger air of desperation than there was 2 years ago.

This time however...the hole is even deeper.

Can everyone smell the fear ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

No. Solar/photo-voltaic work is flooding in and providng more cash than 'traditional' electrical install work.

I think it's all ********, like anything that requires/suffers a government involvment, stimulus, or subsidy.

But the figures bandied about the office are substantial.

After 2 years of a QE and insanity fueled recovery I think we are finally back to where we were in 2009.

House prices should continue their downward trajectory now and people really are starting to panic/get scared.

The media stories have turned and there is an even stronger air of desperation than there was 2 years ago.

I think there is an air of grave discomfort at present, but quite fear or panic ...yet. The knowledge that the recession is coming back even before the cuts have almost begun to get anywhere near full swing, with record low IR's and with a real Eurozone crisis brewing rapidly. The problem is bigger than any govt can tackle. They can only manage it, not cure it. They mismanaged us all into it, so they will no doubt mismanage us all out of it eventually. The hole is deeper because the new debts have not cured the old ones. It is a point of no return where no policy will do very much to help. It's called bankruptcy.

Ive seen a couple of houses optimistic EAs removed from the market SSTC back on today. Serves the tards right for jumping the gun.

I've seeing a shed load of cuts and houses back on the market in Northants.

A friend of mine has taken his house off the market after being on all year in the hope it might sell better next year :blink:

He's not the brightest less him.

Doesn't that just mean we're about to see QE2?

I smell the fear I I don't see the drops... all quiet on the Surrey front... Anything coming down in your neck of the woods?

I smell the fear I I don't see the drops... all quiet on the Surrey front... Anything coming down in your neck of the woods?

Yes, in Northants the mid to low priced houses are falling like pins. Regular price drops and plenty re-appearing on the market.

People locally seem very angry about something :lol:

Their favourites getting voted off X-Factor?

No, electricity been cut off so they don't know who's on x-factor :lol:

Do people actually get the leccy or gas cut off these days or do they just keep giving you it and billing you for it ( a bit like government really )

Yes, in Northants the mid to low priced houses are falling like pins. Regular price drops and plenty re-appearing on the market.

People locally seem very angry about something :lol:

Sounds promising! I grew up in South Northants and my parents still live there, but I've been up North for a few years and prices have run away from us.

Would like to move back there so my young son can see his grandparents more, but there is no chance of getting anywhere in the village I grew up in (£250K for the smallest of 2 beds).

Could you recommend any parts of Northants where you've noticed the prices coming down AND you'd consider living in?

(I'm a rural village boy at heart, but I'm happy to live anywhere decent!) You'd think I'd know which parts of the county were good, but I really led a very sheltered life growing up and had no interest in geography at the time, I spent my first 18 years in the triangle between Daventry, Banbury and Northampton!

Cheers :)

Edited by Bear Necessities

No, electricity been cut off so they don't know who's on x-factor :lol:

Do people actually get the leccy or gas cut off these days or do they just keep giving you it and billing you for it ( a bit like government really )

...it gets cut off when the key runs out. :unsure:

The pace of the crash has actually accelerated slightly over the last two years from the August 2007 peak. I don't think you can just compare nominal falls.

On the Halifax measure, since August 2009, we are at 223.5/ 245.0 = .91 or a 9% nominal fall.

RPI over the same period is 214.4/236.1 or a .9 adjustment.

The real crash over the last two years is therefore .91 x .9= .82 or an 18% crash against an overall crash of 28% since August 2007. Remember that the early crash was flattered by deflation and it is now being masked by Merv's hyper-inflation and printing.

Edited by crashmonitor