House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pluto

Rightmove

Up from 640 a few weeks ago! It's the only property stat on the up and up. Stay tuned.

Is that like-for-like or have they added more agencies to their books?

Is that like-for-like or have they added more agencies to their books?

Don't know. But I do know that there are tons of new properties listed for the areas I'm looking at. They are all still listed at nosebleed prices though.

Forced sales are what is required to get these owners off their clouds.

Edited by Pluto

Up from 640 a few weeks ago! It's the only property stat on the up and up. Stay tuned.

I regularly keep an eye on the number of properties for sale in my target area, and it is continuing it's upward trajectory. I have noted no real sustained downward movement which might have coincided with the IR cut.

This oversupply is going to cause prices to fall. Last spring saw a surge in properties for sale, and if that is repeated next spring, things will get even worse.

I regularly keep an eye on the number of properties for sale in my target area, and it is continuing it's upward trajectory. I have noted no real sustained downward movement which might have coincided with the IR cut.

This oversupply is going to cause prices to fall. Last spring saw a surge in properties for sale, and if that is repeated next spring, things will get even worse.

I've actually seen my area go into a slight reverse in numbers on Rightmove in the last couple of weeks, as people pull properties off the market for Xmas - and of course the certainty that it will sell next year in the Spring Bounce. Strange that all of those pulled haven't sold in the 6-12 months that they've already been on...

Nomadd

wrong, 570000 for sale, 70000 for rent. total - 640000

Does anyone know history of the rental numbers? Are they going up or down?

If Rightmove have about 600,000 to sell - they claim to have about half the market - that means that if you throw in PrimeLocation, PropertyFinder etc etc - there must be well over a million on the market (some will be listed more than once presumably).

Average number of houses sold over the last 5 or 6 years is about 1.1 million.

So the number of houses that would normally sell during in a year are all on the market at once.

If Rightmove have about 600,000 to sell - they claim to have about half the market - that means that if you throw in PrimeLocation, PropertyFinder etc etc - there must be well over a million on the market (some will be listed more than once presumably).

Average number of houses sold over the last 5 or 6 years is about 1.1 million.

So the number of houses that would normally sell during in a year are all on the market at once.

But some of them are with 5 different agents with 6 different prices

:)

You also have to factor in that some houses are up with 2,3 or 4 different agencies.

This is coz the MARKET IS WEAK and they could not sell it at the OVER-INFLATED price they feel they deserve.

ARggghhhhhh - My heart bleeds for them :lol:

wrong, 570000 for sale, 70000 for rent. total - 640000

70,000 for rent is an enormous number, and since many of these will not attract more than about half a typical monthly mortgage payment in rent, you can bet on it that a high proportion of these will become repossessions, auctions, forced sales and desperation sales anywhere between three months and a year from now.

VP

read somewhere that 2006 is expected to have c 920,000 house sales( not sure if this includes new builds).

on that basis there is probably 1 years wortn of stock of " used " homes . if Rightmove at 570,000 represents half the market.

the US market was reported this week as having 5 months stock of "used" homes for sale.

Has this been seasonally adjusted??

Wonder what the graph of properties for sale vs houseprice is going to look like?

Will it be a NU Paridigm graph with both lines going up exponentially into orbit, or will they diverge?

Another nail in 'Crash' Gordon's coffers

Funny you should say this:

I checked yesterday and Sykes Waterhouse (Countrywide) just for Allerton Branch had 235 properties with 51 SSTC.

Sutton kersh had 336 properties with 48 SSTC!!!!

So according to Rightmove the average properties per agent is 63! Now I know Liverpool is a large city but this is just 2 agents If I were to go through every one I can guarantee that the average per branch is well above the 100 mark.

Another Rightmove thing to investigate????

TB

supply is on the up in my area too - about 1 or 2 new properties a day - up from about 2 a week..

i suppose it's because just as "property only ever increases in value" then "the summer is a good time to sell your .. (house, car, rabbit, etc)"

must be people getting ready for the sunshine to make their shitholes look better and more worth the money!

there is usually about 3 to 4% of total housing stock on the market at one time this number doesnt seem out of the ordinary for spring. Similar to last spring if i recall.