House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

'racists' Aged Three: Toddlers Among Thousands Of Children Accused Of Bigotry After Name-Calling

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2037050/Racist-children-accused-bigotry-calling.html

Teachers are branding thousands of children racist or homophobic following playground squabbles.

More than 20,000 pupils aged 11 or younger were last year put on record for so-called hate crimes such as using the word ‘gaylord’.

Some of them are even from nursery schools where children are no older than three.

One youngster was accused of being racist for calling a boy ‘broccoli head’ and another was said to be homophobic for telling a teacher ‘this work is gay’.

Two primary school children were reported for homophobia after quarrelling over a rubber and calling each other ‘gay’ and ‘lesbian’.

Schools are forced to report the language to education authorities, which keep a register of incidents.

All I can say is that at our school we'd have generated reams and reams of paperwork.

Describing that child as a 'poo poo head' is clearly offensive to people with colostomy bags and other incontinence disorders.

Thought crimes are here 100%. Orwell was just so right it is frightening. Got the date wrong. Will give him that though

LOL. Someone at my old office tried to ban the word 'brainstorm' because he said it was offensive to epileptics. A five minute google search revealed that this is a common myth that epileptic support groups are constantly having to refute!

It's just lazy thinking and a Pavlovian form-filling response...ooh little Jonny said a word he doesn't understand, but he must be racist because he said it...better fill in form OO/teachers/UR/t-wat5 and report it...plus of course heavily salted with a Daily Mail approach to the 'facts'...

is it ok to call black people Coloured still?

I've heard the term 'people of colour' used in a US documentary - dunno if this would be grounds for some overzealous apparachik in the UK to accuse someone of Hate Crime though!

I've heard the term 'people of colour' used in a US documentary - dunno if this would be grounds for some overzealous apparachik in the UK to accuse someone of Hate Crime though!

Seems a bit discirminatory to me, suggesting that some people are just black and white. Or should that be greyscale?

I think over 50% of my class when at school would have been classed as 'hate criminals' then!

The 'thought police' are targetting the young!

yeah you gaylord poofta, nancy, speccy faced joey deacon :lol:

yeah you gaylord poofta, nancy, speccy faced joey deacon :lol:

Surely that is a malicious communication - you should be sentenced to "imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale" - or to both (I say both, plus a whipping):

http://www.harassmen...law/malcomm.htm

edit: This is the offence that landed the "Troll" with an 18 week sentence.

is it ok to call black people Coloured still?

No, hasn't really been ok for about 20 years. The majority of black people find it quite offensive (historical connection of the word and how it was used ), but most black people would correct you politely if you used the word around them.

I wonder how the Bhudists and Hindus feel about the hijacking of their Swastika then?

Personally I think its best to call a spade a spade and state what one sees ie a black person is a black person, a brown person is brown, yellow person yellow and white person a ******.

I still haven't go the hang of this internet thing. Was that with or without irony?

‘broccoli head’

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Never heard that before. Sounds like the sort of thing I would have said as a youngster.

Miss,miss..."Can we still play Cowboys and Indians?"

"Now Aamir...How many times do I have to tell you that it's a nasty game full of homophobic, sexist ,racist over-tones"

"Go and play something sensible like Rioters and Police"