Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I love the way the whole thing looks like it is teetering over the driveway pit, about to fall sideways into the hole.

Georgian has to be the most abused of our historic architectural styles. If you are going to do pastiche, at least look at some original examples to see how it should be done; there are plenty still around.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Own up, who wrote this spot-on gem:

He is NOT a developer. He is just some hubristic greedy idiot who thought he could make money for nothing, by building a completely inappropriate house on a plot that simply wouldn't take it, and probably making the neighbours' lives a misery at the same time. And now he's one here, bleating and hoping some even greater fool will bail him out

My money is on the estate agent.

(What a monstrosity! and this is before Grantley Shapps abolishes planning depts :lol:)

HOLA4411

My money is on the estate agent.

(What a monstrosity! and this is before Grantley Shapps abolishes planning depts :lol:)

There is a six bed new build squeezed between a couple of nice established houses near me at £699,000 the rooms are tiny with four loos would you believe funnily enough the colour of the bricks are the same a dusty yellow diarrhea colour...no garden to talk about....been on the market for nearly two years.....bet the neighbours hate the eyesore. ;)

edit: got it wrong it's £799,950. :lol:

Edited by winkie

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

He will regret that when the bank takes this monstrosity off him AND his main home to sell them both at auction for about the same.

Assuming he didn't make up this offer in the first place. I very seriously doubt it. Anyone living in this would have to feel like a fool, and I suspect all the houses in that street will be discounted because of it too.

HOLA4418

Georgian has to be the most abused of our historic architectural styles. If you are going to do pastiche, at least look at some original examples to see how it should be done; there are plenty still around.

Oh, that explains it. It looked to me like it's like that because it was made of Lego.

HOLA4419

Own up, who wrote this spot-on gem:

He is NOT a developer. He is just some hubristic greedy idiot who thought he could make money for nothing, by building a completely inappropriate house on a plot that simply wouldn't take it, and probably making the neighbours' lives a misery at the same time. And now he's one here, bleating and hoping some even greater fool will bail him out

I thought you'd all be a bit cross about that one, what with the "let's concrete over every blade of grass in the UK to build more houses" agenda that flies around here sometimes.....

But any article, in any paper, where Squibbley's out there making a prat of himself, is fair game in my book..

;)

HOLA4420
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4421

Surprise Surprise... UNSOLD

http://www.dedmangra...property_id=132

Still available at 850k though (for anyone who didn't spot it for sale for the last 6 months, or see it at the auction) :D

Offers in Excess of £795,000

AVAILABLE FOR QUICK SALE ONLY

http://www.rightmove...y-19039623.html

HOLA4422

'Now the house has gone stale on the market and this Wednesday, in desperation, Colin will put it up for sale at auction for whatever it will make.'

from the op.

obviously a big fan of auctions as long as he gets a fantasy price.what a muppet.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1XxGfhBVo

article-0-0DD8132900000578-654_233x362.jpg

Frustrated: Colin and Vanessa Baylis

This is a job for Jonathan Blain.

HOLA4423

Offers in Excess of £795,000

AVAILABLE FOR QUICK SALE ONLY

http://www.rightmove...y-19039623.html

Good spot!

The house looks ridiculously out of place, a garish concotion shoe-horned in between the two pleasant houses either side.

And that driveway looks downright dangerous, surely that's got to be unusuable? You'd get the undercarriage caught on the edge.

8156_B0999_IMG_15_0000_max_620x414.jpg

HOLA4424
HOLA4425