House Price Crash Forum
Wait & See

Sky News Now - Inflation Up To 4.5%

Merv should be bankrupting all those asswipe mortgage holders, MEW efforts and credit card losers.

All those "hardworking families" should be sent to the frigging poor house for pretending to be wealthy. Muppets, the lot of them.

I don't get how clothing can be up so much.

I've recently spent 100 quid on 3 shirts and 2 jumpers all of which are good quality.

They must be talking about high fashion because standard retailer stuff is cheap.

All the fannies were buying property at the top of the biggest bubble in history because they thought it was an investment. :0

Like I said, muppets who should never have been let loose with a credit card and a liar loan application form.

I don't get how clothing can be up so much.

I've recently spent 100 quid on 3 shirts and 2 jumpers all of which are good quality.

They must be talking about high fashion because standard retailer stuff is cheap.

Good qulity eh? Come back in a few months time - that is the only way you'll know if they are qulity or not.

Gernerally the items that are actually good qulity have gone up in price more than most and in the meantime the quality - weight of material, type of material or the fit / manufacture has been cheapened to hide the real inflation level. Many brands / shops have gone well down market.

Like I said, muppets who should never have been let loose with a credit card and a liar loan application form.

How can you rationalise away the fact if you had a net positive cash position recently that you have been lending your money to muppets?

How can you rationalise away the fact if you had a net positive cash position recently that you have been lending your money to muppets?

All invested. No point in holding cash in a shitty account these days. Listen, I'm not sticking up for the banks. They're scum too, but the nutters who borrowed from them deserve to share some of the pain.

Inflation cripples thoughs who have never been in debt in order to bail out the fecking muppets who couldn't stop spending. Feck the lot of them and let's see them on the streets. :ph34r:

where?

Thats a secret. What's not a secret is that anyone holding cash in a bank account and getting a "great rate of 3%" per year needs their head examined.

Utterly pathetic, the lot of them. Banks, borrowers, BOE.

As you know, the functions of the bank relate to maintaining monetary and financial stability. I think it’s fair to conclude utter failure in both.

Over the long term. We're only 3 years in.

Financial stability cannot be accomplished without a decent measure of employment stability.

The real muppets here are those who think the bank can, regardless of what the propaganda is, achieve any measure of success in their mandate using a the tools of interest rates and centrally planned regulation in a small open economy surrounded by huge economies employing a range of destabilizing policies..

We have never had price stability this century if one includes asset prices in the analysis.

Thats a secret.

Well, as long as you are sure that none of your investments have involved lending money to muppets I guess you are in the clear.

That said though, some muppets must have been lending their money to the muppets yes? And I'm not talking about the commercial banks (who are more muggers than muppets).

As to the issue of 'muppets' - that's us.

Exactly. The 2% inflation target has been a complete myth all over the world and pretty much any time inflation was below this level the last 50 years house and other asset prices were busy soaring in the background.

It really is time to for people to wake up and take a look at the real world and how it has operated for a very long time now and stop falling back on all these just-so stories and fairy tales.

RBA base rates are what - about 4.5% and what god-damn good has that done to contain their HPI or inflation I wonder?

Exactly. The 2% inflation target has been a complete myth all over the world and pretty much any time inflation was below this level the last 50 years house and other asset prices were busy soaring in the background.

It really is time to for people to wake up and take a look at the real world and how it has operated for a very long time now and stop falling back on all these just-so stories and fairy tales.

RBA base rates are what - about 4.5% and what god-damn good has that done to contain their HPI or inflation I wonder?

15% would do the trick I think. All those "homeowners" would be getting the fecking tents out. Dirty "bank renting" w4nkers that they are.

Edited by Wait & See

15% would do the trick I think. All those "homeowners" would be getting the fecking tents out. Dirty "bank renting" w4nkers that they are.

You've lost it. Carry on down this path and you will endanger your mental health.

There is decades more pain to come to those who insist on engaging with the world using mental models completely divorced from economic, social and political reality.

In any case, that 15% would no doubt do the trick on homeowners but it sure as hell wouldn't be beneficial to inflation or indeed any other conceivable measure of national economic wellbeing,

I spy a muppet and it ain't merv.

Prediction: Inflation will go up a bit and then down a lot.

It may then average 5% over the next half decade.

Because of, rather than in spite of "Merv".

All invested.

(...)

Thief.

Exactly - a flawed heuristic.

If inflation is 4.5%, I should at least be getting 3.5% net on my savings.

If you bought the right NSAI product*, you would be getting a lot more.

But did you?