House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Britain's Richest Woman Splashes Out £100Million On 96-Metre Yacht - The Biggest Ever Built In The Uk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036818/Britains-richest-woman-Kirsty-Bertarelli-splashes-96-metre-yacht.html

Boat is six decks high and has a helicopter landing pad

Sea trials to start for former Miss UK's vessel

Design has been kept secret over two-year build

The richest woman in Britain and her billionaire husband have just splashed out on the biggest motor yacht ever built in the UK.

Former Miss UK Kirsty Bertarelli and her Swiss husband, Ernesto, had the massive 96-metre six-deck Vava II built to replace their existing 47-metre vessel at a cost of an incredible £100m.

The incredible high tech specification for Britain's largest ever built yacht also includes a fold-down beach club and a pool which can be varied in depth to cater for guest preferences.

I've just put my order in for one...

Any idea's of what the running costs for one of these is???

Nice to know we are all in this together.

I'm pretty certain the UK's richest woman is the Queen.

As for yacht, they can probably put it out for charter when they're not using it to cover the costs, although it will probably never actually pay for itself completely.

Any idea's of what the running costs for one of these is???

Nice to know we are all in this together.

I hear it's roughly 10-25% of purchase price annually, depending on whether you happen to own a massive dirty mooring and an oil company or not.

But just think, if they hadn't had a financial crisis they'd have had a much bigger one!

Swiss pharmaceuticals chief, Bertarelli, 45, ....is worth a reputed £6.8billion, making him the 81st richest man in the world and the fifth richest in the UK.

So a Swiss man who lives in Switzerland is the 5th richest in the UK.

These 'British rich lists' are getting ever more inclusive.

As for yacht, they can probably put it out for charter when they're not using it to cover the costs, although it will probably never actually pay for itself completely.

Nope

http://money.uk.msn.com/news/rich-lists/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=157329311&page=26

Canny old bird's given most of her property to the 'people', still retains exclusive use of course, but guess who pick's up the bills ;)

JK Rowling some say. Wealth in the billions and growing exponentially larger by the day.

The richest woman in Britain and her billionaire husband

I don't want to seem sexist here but isn't the money her husbands?

At least until the divorce settlement.

Ernesto, now that's a Bond film name.

Is the yacht called the Disco Volante by any chance?

Possibly....but I suggest it's Lady Charlotte Townshend. She owns Abbotsbury and the fleet and chesel beach, just for starters.

Rich beyond belief