House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

Gmb Union Finally Makes Itself Useful

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/09/12/lager-costs-80p-more-than-it-should-115875-23414037/

A PINT of lager is 80p and beer 65p more expensive than they should be, a trade union study has found.

The GMB said the price of lager had soared by almost 50% between 2000 and 2010 – far ­outstripping inflation.

I dont care for all the faux equality BS they go on about, but finally they find something i can agree with.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/09/12/lager-costs-80p-more-than-it-should-115875-23414037/

A PINT of lager is 80p and beer 65p more expensive than they should be, a trade union study has found.

The GMB said the price of lager had soared by almost 50% between 2000 and 2010 – far ­outstripping inflation.

I dont care for all the faux equality BS they go on about, but finally they find something i can agree with.

' :rolleyes: should' is the key word here

The price rise is mainly tax induced, presumably.

A pint of good quality ale is available in Wetherspoons (usually) for £1.85. In a Sam Smiths pub, a decent lager is £1.40

If people choose poor quality, high price, high advertising pish to drink, thats their dumb fault.

' :rolleyes: should' is the key word here

The price rise is mainly tax induced, presumably.

A pint of good quality ale is available in Wetherspoons (usually) for £1.85. In a Sam Smiths pub, a decent lager is £1.40

If people choose poor quality, high price, high advertising pish to drink, thats their dumb fault.

I'm going to try to use the word 'pish' more often, which probably won't be hard as I don't use it at all at present.