House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patfig

Possible Radioactive Leak

I'm assuming that this relates to a group of French men all checking the odour of their breath at the same time.

mon dew that would have vene more serious implications

Les routiers sont en greve et les muttons sont en feux.

That's all you need to know about France.

Let's hope there's not really a nuclear explosion though.

BBC claims (make of that what you will) that there are no reactors on the site although a big normal explosion sending radioactive material everywhere can be a major problem (that's what happened at Chernobyl, after all). Now they're saying that there's no leak at all. Hope that's right.

BBC claims (make of that what you will) that there are no reactors on the site although a big normal explosion sending radioactive material everywhere can be a major problem (that's what happened at Chernobyl, after all). Now they're saying that there's no leak at all. Hope that's right.

Ask the IAEB on fb how things are in Japan.

That's more like it.

I'm still sticking with a case of terrible 'garlic breath'

On the contrary, garlic is the solution to radiation, not the problem. Absorbs it so your body doesn't have to (or something sciency to that effect).

Other useful garlic facts include:

- useful for fending off vampires

- you can get the smell off your hands by rubbing the tap whilst its running. tap must be steel, hands must be wet.

Just think on how much the wife would save on not going to the hairdressers! :lol:

Very true. Every radioactive cloud has a silver lining and all.

I can't be arsed to read the articles, but I will nevertheless write a summary:

Everything is ok. There was a minor incident in the kitchens. It happened nowhere near where any radioactive material is handled. A few workers died, of stress-related diseases caused by personal circumstances.

Radioactivity levels measured by officials are perfectly normal. No, we won't let in any Greens armed with Geiger counters, as they don't know how to use them, will invariably over-estimate radioactivity levels, and cause more stress-related deaths in the wider community.

Everything is ok. There was a minor incident in the kitchens. It happened nowhere near where any radioactive material is handled. A few workers died, of stress-related diseases caused by personal circumstances.

Radioactivity levels measured by officials are perfectly normal. No, we won't let in any Greens armed with Geiger counters, as they don't know how to use them, will invariably over-estimate radioactivity levels, and cause more stress-related deaths in the wider community.

Phew! Thank Christ as I was worried for a minute!

Right, what's for tea?

Right, what's for tea?

Welsh lamb, green leafy vegetables. Wash it down with a nice glass of French wine.

Which reminds me, there was a joke doing the rounds behind the old Iron Curtain in the aftermath of Chernobyl. Apparently the authorities were advising to avoid green leafy vegetables. The joke being something to the effect that it would be nice if there were any such luxuries available in The Workers Paradise to avoid.

Welsh lamb, green leafy vegetables. Wash it down with a nice glass of French wine.

Which reminds me, there was a joke doing the rounds behind the old Iron Curtain in the aftermath of Chernobyl. Apparently the authorities were advising to avoid green leafy vegetables. The joke being something to the effect that it would be nice if there were any such luxuries available in The Workers Paradise to avoid.

It's the way they tell 'em !

(alas, my wife is Russian!)