House Price Crash Forum
juvenal

Jailed Peers Taylor And Hanningfield Released

They are not getting preferential treatment. They are no risk to the community. Most importantly they will never be allowed to hold public office again, thank goodness. They should now be sold off as slaves at the pikey slave markets.

I would like a TV prog called Where Are They Now? which tracks ex-con MP's subsequent fortunes.

Let's expand it a bit. I'm sure Ernest Saunders made a fortune out of his amazing self-curing dementia.

Those who still wonder, as I have from time to time, about the origins of Ernest Saunders' Alzheimer's need look no further. The answer is contained in an autobiography published this week by the property developer Gerald Ronson, Leading From The Front.

Back in the early 1990s, Mr Ronson served time in Ford open prison along with Mr Saunders for his part in the Guinness affair. Mr Ronson recalls that despite the fact that he would gladly have strangled Mr Saunders for having ensnared him in the shares fraud, Mr Saunders was a regular visitor to his cell, where he would moan about this and that and the other, including how he couldn't possibly spend five years in prison and how he needed to get out.

This is such a choice anecdote that I make no excuses for repeating it in full. "I joked, 'Make out that you're mentally ill. It wouldn't be difficult for you because besides being a psychotic liar, you are mentally deranged ... If you made out you've got Alzheimer's, nobody could ever prove it, because if they looked inside your head, what are they going to find?' "

Mr Saunders replied that he liked the idea. When he left, Mr Ronson remarked to his cellmate: "I bet he'll do that, tricky ******* that he is."

In an appeal, the judge reduced Mr Saunders' sentence to two and a half years, after hearing evidence that Mr Saunders was suffering from pre-senile dementia. With parole, Mr Saunders qualified for almost immediate release, having served just 10 months. As soon as the former Guinness chairman was free, Mr Ronson recalls, "Saunders miraculously 'recovered', apparently the first person in medical history ever to do so."

LINK

What a kunt.

When will the £3 bottle of water guy get released?

16 years, 7 months, 4 days, 17 minutes.

You have to make an example of these people.

When will the £3 bottle of water guy get released?

At Camberwell Green magistrates, Nicholas Robinson, 23, an electrical engineering student with no previous convictions, was jailed for the maximum permitted six months after pleading guilty to stealing bottles of water worth £3.50 from Lidl in Brixton. He had been walking back from his girlfriend's house in the early hours of Monday morning when he saw the store being looted, his lawyer said, and had taken the opportunity to go in and help himself to a case of water because he was thirsty. He was caught up in the moment, and was ashamed of his actions, his defence said.

But the prosecution told judge Alan Baldwin: "This defendant has contributed through his action to criminal activities to the atmosphere of chaos and sheer lawlessness." There were gasps from the public gallery as his sentence was delivered.

Link

Edited by Dorkins

But the prosecution told judge Alan Baldwin: "This defendant has contributed through his action to criminal activities to the atmosphere of chaos and sheer lawlessness." There were gasps from the public gallery as his sentence was delivered.

It's interesting to note the use of language in these cases- here we are talking about an ' atmosphere of chaos and sheer lawlessness'

Yet the BBC ticker talks about a fourteen grand of MP theft as 'fiddling' expenses. Nice word that "fiddling' conjures up images of a hapless old duffer engaging in a harmless bit of fun- unlike our 3.50 bottle of water thief who seems to have single handedly brought civilisation to it's knees.

The message is clear- white collar fraud ok- blue collar petty theft - deserves the highest sentence available.

I really hope that this judge gets shafted big time by some city slicker or discovers his pension fund is stuffed with worthless MBS dross.