House Price Crash Forum

Illusive Grand Designs Episode

izzy80

HOLA441

Hi all,

Hoping someone out there can help me.

With the new series of Grand Designs starting on wednesday night it reminded me of an episode I saw back in 2007.

The one in question featured Kevin McCloud visiting the finished house and staying at the end of the episode, upon entry to the house he walked up the staircase and past a glass sided swimming pool where you could see somebody swimming.

I think this was the first episode I ever saw and have never seen it since. I have been through all the episodes on 4od and series guides but can't seem to find it.

I have mentioned it to a few people and they seem to remember it, but just wondering now if it actually exists?

Can anybody clear this up for me as its driving me crazy and I just want to watch it again as I remember it being a very impressive build.

Any help greatly recieved, thanks.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

http://en.wikipedia....esigns_episodes

I'd start there.

What did the pool look like?

Was it a long strip pool away from the house?

The main entrance was downstairs which had a staircase leading to the open plan living area which had the pool in the middle of it. Half way up the stairs you could see through the glass sided pool.

If my memory is correct it was a converted warehouse or similar.

I've checked all the episode guides and no joy.

HOLA447

Was it the one where they converted an old church, and had a hideous plastic watch tower on the roof, I think they got a divorce after the show was filmed.

No, I know the one you mean, I think that was a couple of years after the one I'm after.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Was it the one where it was touch and go as to whether they would build the house before the woman gave birth, but in the end they did, and despite Kevins earlier worries about the design he declared it a 'triumph'?

Hi, sorry the details are a bit fuzzy as I haven't seen it for aprox. 4 years, I think the kitchen and bedrooms were on an upper level possibly overlooking the pool.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The one in question featured Kevin McCloud visiting the finished house and staying at the end of the episode, upon entry to the house he walked up the staircase and past a glass sided swimming pool where you could see somebody swimming.

Were they wearing a wetsuit? If not I would start with the Grand Design Abroad, all on 4ad.

HOLA4413
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4414

Hi all,

Hoping someone out there can help me.

With the new series of Grand Designs starting on wednesday night it reminded me of an episode I saw back in 2007.

I think this was the first episode I ever saw and have never seen it since. I have been through all the episodes on 4od and series guides but can't seem to find it.

I have mentioned it to a few people and they seem to remember it, but just wondering now if it actually exists?

Can anybody clear this up for me as its driving me crazy and I just want to watch it again as I remember it being a very impressive build.

Any help greatly recieved, thanks.

I think from memory that building was "The Tuscan Castle" from Grand Designs Abroad, but more specifically, you saw the episode "The Tuscan Castle: Revisited" (from Grand Designs Abroad) - Season 7 Episode 11 of Grand Designs (as he went back to see them and stayed with them - the pool wasn't finished in the first programme) - broadcast 9 May 2007 which matches your date.

http://en.wikipedia....es_7_.282007.29

HTH

ps.

http://www.telegraph...-magnifico.html

"In the tower are a library and guest bedroom and there is a guest apartment in a further tower. There are five terraces and an infinity pool on one of the bastions, with views over the lake."

And here are pictures, including a pool:

http://search.knight...k.com/rsi080313

Archived