House Price Crash Forum
Randall Herbert

Stock Market Crash

I'll throw my hat into the ring alongside DrBubb for the record.

Major UK stock market event inevitable now, within the next two weeks.....

FYI

For those of us who follow energy supplies.

Gulf of Mexico Oil production 90% knocked out still and likely to remain that way for a long long long time. Real damage reports censored and not being properly represented Its the disruption of the subsea pipeline distribution network which is the major culprit. Will take two years to fix. Facilities from last years events still knocked out.

The more important issue is that refinery capacity is still crippled in the GOM region and that capacity underpins the whole of North America. Will take a long time to replace/relocate. Meanwhile the shit hits the fan.

Oh, and not forgetting Phoney Bliars recent comments which will give a green light to an endorsement of the inevitable attack on Iran.

Where is Bruno when you need him?

Oh, and not forgetting Phoney Bliars recent comments which will give a green light to an endorsement of the inevitable attack on Iran.

Where is Bruno when you need him?

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhh . dont mention the war .

powers that be around here dont like it,.

I think they must have shares in British Aerospace or Lockheed Martin,

Getting confused now.

Although todays equity losses were more broad based a large component over the last 3 days has been the retreat in energy stocks on the back of BP warning and the Fed's hawkish comments on inflation.

Randall: if what you say is true and I suspect it is do you think energy stocks will be supported by shortage and therefore prop up the ftse or are you saying the whole thing will tank on the threat of reduced demand due to stagflation and rising interest rates?

If the ftse does tank the negative press will increase massively. No amount of Halifax reporting will offset this one. I read tonight they reckon 05 growth could be as low as 1.5%. I can't wait for Brown to explain this one!

I think conflict with Iran is inevitable and has been for some time now ...... with the natural consequence of greater terrorism, uncertainty and extreme politics ...... all further fuel for the HPC fire .....

All this talk that oil and oil stocks will fall significantly because of fears of demand destruction is complete tosh.

Demand is going to have to drop off a lot just to keep up with the supply destruction that the U.S. has seen over the past two months. see -

108 rigs destroyed in gulf of Mexico

The MMS said 89.97 percent of the region's 1.5 million barrels per day of crude production capacity was still shut Tuesday, improving slightly from the 92.8 percent shut Monday.

Some 71.69 percent of the region's natural gas production capacity was also shut.

Since Aug. 26, hurricanes Katrina and Rita have cut 46.47 million barrels of U.S. crude output and 227.07 billion cubic feet of natural gas output.

Just because the yanks can get oil out of the Strategic Reserve or import refined petroleum from Europe doesn't solve the problem. It doesn't increase global production one drop.

This winter people in the U.S. still have to heat their homes and drive their cars, and that side of demand is not particularly flexible.

Personally, I am with Matthew Simmons on his outlook for the oil price over the next few years - very pessimistic, see-

Are we now in an energy hole?

I totally agree with Dr. Bubb that world stock markets may drop substantially over the next few weeks/months, however I'll be holding on to my oil stocks as tightly as my gold stocks.

Edited by Tim M

I totally agree with Dr. Bubb that world stock markets may drop substantially over the next few weeks/months, however I'll be holding on to my oil stocks as tightly as my gold stocks.

Agreed.