House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spirit

Expats Getting Very Angry

Seems to be a lot of anger over there today....

OK this is the thing with ours!! We had accepted an offer in August at £18,000 below the original asking price!

3 weeks later the buyers of our buyers got refused housing association help so had to pull out

Our house back on market!

After a very, lets say, "merry" friend's 50th birthday party the night before, I had to show a couple round our property, excusing my bad boozy breath and stammer - because of said party!! They loved the house and I therefore thought they would be the ideal buyers!!

2 days later said couple put in an offer of £30,000 below the asking price!!!! How bloody rude and infuriating - I wasted a whole day and could've stayed hungover in bed rather than showing the time wasters around!!

The estate agent actually said that they couldn't go above what they'd offered!! Why the f..........k had they agreed for them to come and disturb my headache then!??????????????

Oh was I raging alright

Anyway it does seem like the original people will be able to proceed thankfully at the original (reduced) offer price!

I feel for all in the same over filled junk yard of a housing market!!

Back on market after time wasting Old slapper pulled out .

and

Gone on the market this week, and the STUPID! F****** tenant I rent it to wants to make an offer.

the twit won't make any offers other than through the estate agent!

just who the &£*! does he think I am? some kind of con artist? he's been paying me rent for a year! (and my mortgage )

It's quite normal for the crowd to turn and direct their anger at those who they perceive to have caused their problems, instead of recognising their own folly.

This bubble is unfolding (excuse the mixed metaphor) just like the many others that have gone before...

Guest Bart of Darkness

H

ow bloody rude and infuriating

Yes, very rude of them not to want to give you all their money (and more) for doing f-all.

LOL :lol::lol::lol: absolutely frigging brilliant (I bet the software lets meget away with that one too... its an Aussie swear... and since they are all heading to australia!!!)

yes, they're all going to aussie and in the past year the exchange rate has moved at least 10% against them!.................($A up owing to commodities price boom!

Brit Expats just gets funnier and funnier. I sometimes think you couldn't make it up.

I've had Oz in my sights for a couple of years, the thought of migrating and ending up living with those people kind of puts me off. Oz has so much going for it, are they going to ruin it by letting in too many of us Brits?

Brit Expats just gets funnier and funnier. I sometimes think you couldn't make it up.

I've had Oz in my sights for a couple of years, the thought of migrating and ending up living with those people kind of puts me off. Oz has so much going for it, are they going to ruin it by letting in too many of us Brits?

Australians used to be described as ''the English working class living in paradise''............ but life there is more cosmopolitan and sophisticated than it used to be...........( in sydney and melbourne at least!).

Gone are the days when all Australian stars moved to London and dropped their accents and pretended to be British.....eg Joan sutherland , Errol Flynn, Lloyd Lamble, alan cuthbertson, Esma cannon, Robert helpman etc etc.....

Australians used to be described as ''the English working class living in paradise''............ but life there is more cosmopolitan and sophisticated than it used to be...........( in sydney and melbourne at least!).

Gone are the days when all Australian stars moved to London and dropped their accents and pretended to be British.....eg Joan sutherland , Errol Flynn, Lloyd Lamble, alan cuthbertson, Esma cannon, Robert helpman etc etc.....

True, they mainly go to the US now!

The Expats have largely done well out of the property bubble, like so many others.

They should look at many FTBs with young families who are completely locked out of the market, because people like them want to hang on to their extortionate prices.

The Expats don't realise how lucky they are.

I've got no sympathy for them.

The Expats have largely done well out of the property bubble, like so many others.

They should look at many FTBs with young families who are completely locked out of the market, because people like them want to hang on to their extortionate prices.

The Expats don't realise how lucky they are.

I've got no sympathy for them.

You're first time buyer site's good :)

I like the two part "Birth of the Housing Bubble" story. Well done.

True, they mainly go to the US now!

I'm no showbiz groupie, so feel free to correct me, but I think a large proportion of the most clearly recognised "Aussies stars" are, by place of birth, either British, Ameriacn or New Zealanders.

Russell Crowe : Wellington, North Island, New Zealand

Nicole Kidman : Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

Mel Columcille Gerard (oh yes :lol: ) Gibson : Peekskill, New York

Olivia Newton-John : Cambridge, England

Cate Blanchett : Melbourne, Australia HURRAH!

Baz Luhrmann: New South Wales , Australia HURRAH!

Melissa George : Perth, New South Wales , Australia HURRAH!

Most Aussies will go to great lengths to tell you they have Irish or Scots blood rather than English...

This is my favorite. Sorry if it's already been posted.

Had a private buyer who pulled out on Friday!!!

We had exchanged and we were packed!!!

I don't like to swear and i am not violent but..... the buyers kids go to the same school as my kids and i saw them on Friday afternoon outside school.... i nearly punched the f****** B****!!

I took many deep breaths and walked away!!

I can't believe how people can mess you about so badly!!

At least she has to pay my solicitors bill!!

I thought once you'd exchanged you were committed?

Edited by Card

This is my favorite. Sorry if it's already been posted.

I thought once you'd exchanged you were committed?

Yes, as I understand things. Though if I remember the terms of our contract, it looks like you can pull out, but you would lose your deposit (even if you hadn't actually put it all down), solicitors' fees, and any other costs,

Peter.

dont laugh at them too much. remember, we DO want them to leave the uk.

good riddance to 90% of them. and who says it was a brain drain ?

:lol:

What about this one

Please somebody buy my house, I have a Nov 21 deadline to pay my Capital Investment and I have all my money in the house!!!

Do I hear the dreaded sound of the 'Bridging Loan' hooves?

Got a viewing today at 3pm - please God let this be the one

:o

The only time I had this much fun was digging up corpses.

ORIGINAL POST

Originally Posted by Paul2004

Yeah that's what it's all about I reckon. I think there IS signs of a crash of some sort and people are imply holding back from committing.

The agent we see today said he'd come across a couple that had viewed and found about 5 houses that were all decent, offered i think it was 30 or 40 thou under the asking price, and would go with whoever was desperate enough to drop that much!

Gutting tho as the market REALLY is crap! ...

REPLY TO ORIGINAL POST

i tell you what mate if anyone offers me that they will have to visit a dentist!!

i would seriously consider remortgage and rent out etc etc and look at it again in 12 months time

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So angry and so deluded!

LOL :lol::lol::lol: absolutely frigging brilliant (I bet the software lets meget away with that one too... its an Aussie swear... and since they are all heading to australia!!!)

If you think that's an Aussie swear, then we can safely assume you haven't misspent your youth on Rugby trips learning all 47 verses of 'The Good Ship Venus' :D:D:D .

Edited by ajh