House Price Crash Forum

Getting There

Mr. Miyagi

HOLA441

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16564029.html

It may not be to everyone's taste but property in my area is starting to look cheaper than it has in the last 8 years. I should think you would be able to get that for around £60k-£65k. The area, although ex council is not too bad.

HOLA442

It may not be to everyone's taste but property in my area is starting to look cheaper than it has in the last 8 years. I should think you would be able to get that for around £60k-£65k. The area, although ex council is not too bad.

Seems decent enough, and if the area is o I would say you should get it!

HOLA443

Seems decent enough, and if the area is o I would say you should get it!

Well, a 15 year mortgage is less than my current rent that is with a calculation of interest rates at 6% (just in case) at 10 years the mortgage is only £100 or so more per month more.

Edited by Mr. Miyagi

HOLA444

Well, a 15 year mortgage is less than my current rent that is with a calculation of interest rates at 6% (just in case) at 10 years the mortgage is only £100 or so more per month.

There are 3 bed houses like that going for the similar price where I am, close to Wigan, but they are terrible areas

HOLA445

Looks all right - nice for the Beacons and handy for the M4, but some of the old industrial valley towns seemed pretty grim when I lived near there. That was over 15 years ago - any better now?

HOLA446

Looks all right - nice for the Beacons and handy for the M4, but some of the old industrial valley towns seemed pretty grim when I lived near there. That was over 15 years ago - any better now?

Pontllanfriath/Blackwood was never hit as hard as the valleys to the east and west. The lower shirhowy valley has low crime, good employment ratio, good schools and excellent transport links to all the major local cities, including Bristol. It has lots of open green spaces too.

Edited by Mr. Miyagi

HOLA447
HOLA448

Pontllanfriath/Blackwood was never hit as hard as the valleys to the east and west. The lower shirhowy valley has low crime, good employment ratio, good schools and excellent transport links to all the major local cities, including Bristol. It has lots of open green spaces too.

You're really selling it to me, you better hurry up before I put an offer it!

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

What rent would someone pay to live in that house? What was the price at top of market?

The house is at a price the southeast could do with! Thing is that Wales is a slow market even at good times and can take years to sell.

I would say around £120k at the peak. The rent for that house would be around £500 to £525 per month