House Price Crash Forum

Quick Sale Price For 2 Weeks Only £199,950.00

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

This is happening round my way too, they are calling it "THE BIG SEPTEMBER MOVE" with lots of short term price reductions like this one.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19419642.html/svr/1704;jsessionid=4B61E115F0BD9B21E87B459E642B712E

THIS PROPERTY HAS ENTERED THE BIG SEPTEMBER MOVE AND HAS BEEN REDUCED FROM NOW TILL THE WEEKEND OF 17-18TH SEPTEMBER

By £10k by the way. And what happens after the 18th of September? Put the price down another £10k I would imagine.

How F@CKING STUPID DO YOU THINK WE ARE YOU EA B@STARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

HOLA446

They are hoping to put across the impression that the price will, after the 2 weeks, return to what it was.

I wonder if those who do this were those who themselves were harried into buying at the wrong time or else "miss the boat", and they just want to dish out the monumentally wrong mantra on others to try and restore karma.

HOLA447

That property in Bromley looks like a right shiitehole.....wouldn't pay £100K for it. What a depressing dump.

And that property in Swansea looks ridiculous, with that big lump of glass and plastic stuck on it. Chav's might go for it though, but I'd offer 100K max. Actually - I wouldn't buy it...prefer to get a canal boat or a even yacht and keep it in the med.

Property is such a waste of time and energy.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

They are hoping to put across the impression that the price will, after the 2 weeks, return to what it was.

Agreed....oldest sales trick in the book, hurry hurry it won't last long. They want to put the buyer in a sort of panic to put them off balance emotionally. you're supposed to turn up panting and out of breath (clutching your hard earned) asking "have I missed it".

First thing I always say is if its such a good deal, why do they need to promote it? Why does anyone need to hurry, they are so confident of selling it then why does is matter to them that customer A buys it instead of customer B. Let me guess.......they like their face!

HOLA4411

Maybe the EAs are being clever and using this as a way to get deluded vendors to drop their prices a bit. Saying "we can put your house on special offer" is probably gentler than saying "your house isn't worth anything like what you think it is, you greedy idiot."

Good point. What needs to happen though for sheeple to accept that the game is up?

HOLA4412

Agreed....oldest sales trick in the book, hurry hurry it won't last long. They want to put the buyer in a sort of panic to put them off balance emotionally. you're supposed to turn up panting and out of breath (clutching your hard earned) asking "have I missed it".

First thing I always say is if its such a good deal, why do they need to promote it? Why does anyone need to hurry, they are so confident of selling it then why does is matter to them that customer A buys it instead of customer B. Let me guess.......they like their face!

I don`t know if a majority of buyers have now awakened to the scam that happened with housing? but even if not, they don`t for the most part have the loans anymore to buy? As the euro Trainwreck gathers speed lending will further evaporate? meaning that hoping for 200k on this sort of house is just way out of kilter with financial reality?

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4413

Good point. What needs to happen though for sheeple to accept that the game is up?

The government should legislate that all vendors who have their houses on the market for over 6 months without reducing the asking price are to be smacked about the face with a wet fish by their estate agents.

HOLA4414

This is happening round my way too, they are calling it "THE BIG SEPTEMBER MOVE" with lots of short term price reductions like this one.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19419642.html/svr/1704;jsessionid=4B61E115F0BD9B21E87B459E642B712E

THIS PROPERTY HAS ENTERED THE BIG SEPTEMBER MOVE AND HAS BEEN REDUCED FROM NOW TILL THE WEEKEND OF 17-18TH SEPTEMBER

By £10k by the way. And what happens after the 18th of September? Put the price down another £10k I would imagine.

How F@CKING STUPID DO YOU THINK WE ARE YOU EA B@STARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I saw one of these earlier Summer Special serious sellers for serious buyers!

Offered 290 on a 315 when two others previously had sold for 285.....rejected = not that serious then.

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA4415

I don`t know if a majority of buyers have now awakened to the scam that happened with housing? but even if not, they don`t for the most part have the loans anymore to buy? As the euro Trainwreck gathers speed lending will further evaporate? meaning that hoping for 200k on this sort of house is just way out of kilter with financial reality?

I think anyone with a brain (still) in estate agency must know that the game is up. By the game, I mean the situation where you just had to take part to gain, you didn't need any skills. Listings like this are just desperation, going through their standard box of tricks hoping to snare one of the last suckers out there.

I guess I was talking about the sales technique in general. You the the sort, we've all seen then. Sale must end soon!!! Don't miss out!

Or maybe the seller has found some money they don't won't and has decided to give it away. "we know we can sell it for more but for the next two weeks we are willing to subsidise a complete stranger.......just cos that's the sort of people we are!" :-)

HOLA4416

That property in Bromley looks like a right shiitehole.....wouldn't pay £100K for it. What a depressing dump.

And that property in Swansea looks ridiculous, with that big lump of glass and plastic stuck on it. Chav's might go for it though, but I'd offer 100K max. Actually - I wouldn't buy it...prefer to get a canal boat or a even yacht and keep it in the med.

Property is such a waste of time and energy.

What he said.

This smacks at complete desperation. I'll give them 50k for it and will demand their gratitude that they finally were able to sell it.

HOLA4417

To tell you the truth, I don't mind a bit of gridlock between agents and vendors regarding setting realistic prices.

I am in no rush to buy having rented for so long and, while I won't be gloating if a few EAs go to the wall due to low sales, I won't shed any tears either for sure.

When the dam eventually bursts the correction will still occur, just more steeply.

Edited by LiveinHope

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Speaking generally, a vendor may genuinely reduce a property temporarily if they have found a particularly appealing property they want to buy and the vendor there is doing a first come first served - in that case a vendor may chop their price for a limited time, that limited time being the amount of time they anticipate the vendor up the chain will remain without a buyer. After that vendor's property sells to another party, there is no longer the urgency to sell at the discounted price until the next time the vendor finds something they consider a bargain.

Once lots of vendors up the chain permanently lower their prices, it allows all the realistic vendors to do likewise or they risk forever missing what they want to buy.

That's one of the fundamentals of a HPC - each vendor whether trading up or down adjusts pro rata downwards. The HPC meets resistance when the government interferes with "schemes" and when too many of the properties in the market are "investments" or BTLs selling up and for whom the cash is all that matters - because they are going to put the cash into something else and not another property in the same domestic market

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

FWIW, I know this area and the EA branch in question fairly well. Hey, it's me! :rolleyes:

1. There are loads of houses similar in the area - IMPO the prices are just going to go down.

Just behind this estate are several large fields for which planning permission has gone in by the farmer and a developer to build several hundred new houses. There is a protest group against it.

An EA told me everyone is fearing that they will not be able to sell their homes as once the new ones are built everyone will want one of them.

2. The particular branch of the EA firm selling this property is one of the most realistic in the whole of Swansea IMPO. They have been dropping asking prices quite a bit recently and, when I was last in there a month ago, they told me that they were aiming to ring all their customers during Sept to ask them to drop their asking prices.

• 2 months later...
HOLA4424
HOLA4425