House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uztopride

Approvals In London Dropped By 10 Per

HOUSEBUYERS across the country were buoyed by higher levels of purchase approvals in August, the surveyors’ group E.surv said yesterday. Approvals were up 4.3 per cent on August 2010 and hit a 15-month high. However, Londoners missed out on the boost, with approvals dropping by 10 per cent compared with July’s figure. That is because of the difficulty many buyers have in raising the deposit for London’s infamously expensive property, said the consultancy.

HOUSEBUYERS across the country were buoyed by higher levels of purchase approvals in August, the surveyors’ group E.surv said yesterday. Approvals were up 4.3 per cent on August 2010 and hit a 15-month high. However, Londoners missed out on the boost, with approvals dropping by 10 per cent compared with July’s figure. That is because of the difficulty many buyers have in raising the deposit for London’s infamously expensive property, said the consultancy.

Link plus critical analysis please.

do your own research lazy bod.

I can think for myself thanks Bob, but it's shoddy workmanship to paste an extract from an article without referencing to it, perhaps even being taken out of context.

In any event back to the OP, yes, that is promising news; it may be a sign that the funny money that's kept London prices in +YoY has already made it's flight out of inlfation and into property.

For those of you that remember the early 90s, London was not "immune" at all. :huh:

Link plus critical analysis please.

i can offer an anecdotal,

A banker said to me this week, that these people "are in a bubble", with a very straight cold face.

That was all I needed to hear.

A banker said to me this week, that these people "are in a bubble", with a very straight cold face.

An anecdotal from somebody I never met on the internet is good enough for me too! :(;)

An anecdotal from somebody I never met on the internet is good enough for me too! :(;)

Feel free to wire me a payment for the same advise, it must be better as you've paid for it!

Feel free to wire me a payment for the same advise, it must be better as you've paid for it!

I'm sorry, all my money is locked up in the estate of my deceased uncle in Zimbabwe. :lol:

The serious amount of empty flats near me in west London that nobody can afford to rent tell their own story. The dam will break. There is also a mews of empty new builds that have changed hands frequently at ever increasing prices for five years which seems to have nothing to do with buying a home or investing in a rental property that yells another story about London property which I still have not quite worked out.

So, this phenomenon that you speak of only applied to London (re: above article)?

Jolly good, as you were.

The city is dead in august , everyone on their hols. House buying season picks up sept and by late November dies out for Xmas

The city is dead in august , everyone on their hols. House buying season picks up sept and by late November dies out for Xmas

So you'll get the smug grin wiped of your face when that fails to materialise? Or will you just carry on trolling?

So you'll get the smug grin wiped of your face when that fails to materialise? Or will you just carry on trolling?

Checking historical approvals for London over previous Augusts will put this to bed...or maybe wake it up... whichever.

Presumably, the rest of hte UK save their holidays until December.

Great.

No you provincial prole, no holidays for you - now get back to work, your job's hanging by a thread m*****f****r!

j/k

No you provincial prole, no holidays for you - now get back to work, your job's hanging by a thread m*****f****r!

j/k

Absolutely, i'll be having a wet weekend in Blackpool during late November.

Apparently the whole of London flock to Provence in summer.

I assume he was referring to people buying London houses or houses in general?

No sh*t Sherlock, still nice to hear it admitted within financial circles.

Jack C (financial adviser) on the HPC blog is usually a good source of anecdotals.

How is this a boost for homebuyers?

They get boosted by lots of homes not selling, thus sellers being desperate to sell to them?

The serious amount of empty flats near me in west London that nobody can afford to rent tell their own story. The dam will break. There is also a mews of empty new builds that have changed hands frequently at ever increasing prices for five years which seems to have nothing to do with buying a home or investing in a rental property that yells another story about London property which I still have not quite worked out.

They are part of an investment portfolio. They just get passed from fund to fund with incremental increaces without any reference to fundamentals. It all comes unstuck when the managers are forced into cash or bonds.