House Price Crash Forum
juvenal

Express Front Page Today

Seen the comments on the usual ramping article?

Is someone here posing as Sibley?

Nah, you're getting confused, _Sibley (leading underscore) is clearly a right-thinking bear. This is the old Sibley we know and love.

Edited by Nationalist

It seems all the 'houseprices soar/bounce/jump/rise' articles in Daily Express are written by this Sarah O' Grady (greedy??) :rolleyes:

Yes, but presumably at the behest of proprietor Richard Desmond, himself deep into BTL investment.

Some interesting find, Sarah O' Grady is married to a Conservative MP Stewart Jackson (Peterborough) :

Jackson served on Ealing Borough Council in West London from 1990 to 1998, during which time he was Conservative Party spokesman on planning and housing, on which he served until his election to the House of Commons for Peterborough. Jackson is widely regarded by colleagues[citation needed] of all parties to be an expert on local government, particularly on issues surrounding planning, urban regeneration and urban renewal. He is Vice President of the Local Government Association.[2] He also sits on the Board of Management of the local government think tank the New Local Government Network.

In July 1999, Jackson married Sarah O'Grady, a journalist with the Daily Express, at the College Chapel at Royal Holloway in Egham, Surrey. As a result, Jackson has regularly been interviewed for stories that have appeared in the Daily Express, or has written articles for the paper himself.

Also involved in expenses scandal

Source link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Jackson

I wont be surprised if he is the one writing these articles under his wife's name as he seems to own a BTL portfolio.:angry::angry:

TRIPLE SHOT IN THE ARM FOR UK’S HOME-BUYERS

Mortgage approvals are up 4.3 per cent on last year and at their highest levels since May 2010.

Friday September 9,2011

By Sarah O’Grady, Property Correspondent

Then, against all the odds in the middle of what some economists warn could be a double-dip recession, the property market bucked all the trends this summer, with two consecutive rises in prices for July and August.

No mention of the economy's "Great Contraction" there then.

The "Great Contraction" that Osborne warned about in the papers just a couple of days ago.

Edited by billybong

Nah, you're getting confused, _Sibley (leading underscore) is clearly a right-thinking bear. This is the old Sibley we know and love.

This was the Sibley (below) I saw in the comments. I didn't know we had a Sibley underscore stalking him!!

UK HOUSE PRICES ARE CRASHING

09.09.11, 7:30am

Sarah O'Grady is peddling lies

UK house prices dropped by 1.2% in August, according to Halifax, marking an annual fall of 2.6%.

The publication of the house price index comes after Fitch Ratings said that UK house prices are still overvalued by around 25%. With the weak economic outlook and restricted credit availability the ratings agency says prices are likely to fall by 5%-10% annually over the next two years.

Howard Archer of HIS Global Insight also expects house prices to continue falling. ‘We suspect that squeezed purchasing power, tightening fiscal policy, a softening labour market and persistent serious concerns over the economic outlook will limit potential buyers and weigh down on house prices,’ Archer said.

• Posted by: _Sibley • Report Comment

Don't these multiple HPI headlines by The Express wreak of desperation?? The last throes of a dying monster?

One more shot of insulin dammit!

Also can some kind soul update the collage of Express front pages, unless I've missed it? It's really interesting.

I'm surprised that said collage isn't more of a joke nationally. Even if we ignore the HPI/HPC debate, its inaccuracy is a joke. Why cant ppl see this!!

Desperate prayers, for they have sinned, and now God knows! :blink:

You've all been talking about Sibley for so long that you've totally missed the important facts in this article. The property guy who commissioned the report is telling us that property is "so reasonably priced".

I'm off now to find one of these reasonably priced homes.

You've all been talking about Sibley for so long that you've totally missed the important facts in this article. The property guy who commissioned the report is telling us that property is "so reasonably priced".

"I am just going outside and may be some time"

Goodbye Cpatain Oates

See you in 20-never... :)

If you find one, let us know as I've hunting for years without joy... :rolleyes: