House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Melchett

Conspiracy Theorist Deny 9/11 Anniversary

I realize I'm opening a Pandora's box posting this on here, but wtf? I cant think of anywhere more appropriate to post it than this forum

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/conspiracy-theorists-deny-9%1111-anniversary-201109094287/

Why does this place act as a magnet for conspiracy theorists, deniers and general Dundee cakes, BTW?

I realize I'm opening a Pandora's box posting this on here, but wtf? I cant think of anywhere more appropriate to post it than this forum

http://www.thedailym...y-201109094287/

Why does this place act as a magnet for conspiracy theorists, deniers and general Dundee cakes, BTW?

"truth-seeker 'blackop182', editor of the 'Nine-e-Lie-Ven' blog, insisted the footage of the planes hitting the towers was taken far earlier.

"My guess would be the summer of 1972. It was organised by G. Gordon Liddy and an anti-Castro Cuban operative known only as 'El Pequeno'.

"Also the dating here relies on the Julian calendar, which didn't come into effect until 2005.

"Also there's no way they could have destroyed the World Trade Centre, because there's no World Trade Centre in New York. If there is then show it to me."

A high level of skepticism of the "official view" goes with the territory.

Did you believe all those stories of "green shoots"?

Did you believe that "Britain is well placed to weather the recession" (or that it would only last 6 months)

Did you believe that "it's contained"?

Did you believe Obama's promises to withdraw from Iraq and to close down Guantanamo Bay?

Or Tim Geithner when he say a recession was unlikely (and later, when that proved to be false, said we were now out of it).

These are not mistakes or misjudgments, they are lies. Once you start questioning things like this, automatically accepting what you're told becomes a thing of the past.

Not that I go for every conspiracy theory going, once you start thinking for yourself there's a responsibility to filter out the "noise".

In a lot of cases, the official account is broadly correct, but that's not to say that there aren't omissions and distortions even then.

The Bilderberg group for example. It exists, we know who founded it and when. All that is verifiable. Yet why is there so little coverage of its annual meetings, compared to say G20 meetings.

Friends of mine had never ever heard of it, despite its well-known roster of attendees.

As someone once said, if 100 or so Hollywood film stars or NFL footballers were meeting in secret, wouldn't there be a bit more press curiosity?

I'll turn in my tin foil hat if you can me a full transcript of the last Bilderberg meeting, deal?

A high level of skepticism of the "official view" goes with the territory.

Did you believe all those stories of "green shoots"?

Did you believe that "Britain is well placed to weather the recession" (or that it would only last 6 months)

Did you believe that "it's contained"?

Did you believe Obama's promises to withdraw from Iraq and to close down Guantanamo Bay?

Or Tim Geithner when he say a recession was unlikely (and later, when that proved to be false, said we were now out of it).

These are not mistakes or misjudgments, they are lies. Once you start questioning things like this, automatically accepting what you're told becomes a thing of the past.

Not that I go for every conspiracy theory going, once you start thinking for yourself there's a responsibility to filter out the "noise".

In a lot of cases, the office account is broadly correct, but that's not to say that there aren't omissions and distortions even then.

The Bilderberg group for example. It exists, we know who founded it and when. All that is verifiable. Yet why is there so little coverage of its annual meetings, compared to say G20 meetings.

Friends of mine had never ever heard of it, despite its well-known roster of attendees.

As someone once said, if 100 or so Hollywood film stars or NFL footballers were meeting in secret, wouldn't there be a bit more press curiosity?

I'll turn in my tin foil hat if you can me a full transcript of the last Bilderberg meeting, deal?

I preferred you in Dr Who to be honest :lol:

I preferred you in Dr Who to be honest :lol:

Worzel Gummidge is easier, I prefer the "casual" look.

_45970373_worzel.226.jpg

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/conspiracy-theorists-deny-9%1111-anniversary-201109094287/

Sadly Melchett Old Bean the world doesn't comprise entirely of level headed old buffers like you and I. And,TBPH I have occasional doubts about your own rationality.Nevertheless we just have to live with our fellow merry-andrews and jakanapes.

I do agree however that as far as conspiracy theories go this one is a right corker.Up there with "German bomber on the moon"

Sadly Melchett Old Bean the world doesn't comprise entirely of level headed old buffers like you and I. And,TBPH I have occasional doubts about your own rationality.

No you're the last bastion of rational belief in the official line. You said times before you are totally down with buying the muslims are out to get everyone etcetera etcetera, isn't that a grand old conspiracy theory if ever there was one? All of life is here we've got Lewis Gordon Pugh over on the current affairs channel who doesn't believe anything the "news" tells him right the way to you who thinks the "news" channels are the natural home of truth and unbiased rationality, you seem immune to the smell of BS. I thought a used car salesman would be the sort of "can't kid a kidder" fellow with a radar highly tuned for BS but seems it was just an unfounded stereotype.

No you're the last bastion of rational belief in the official line. You said times before you are totally down with buying the muslims are out to get everyone etcetera etcetera, isn't that a grand old conspiracy theory if ever there was one? All of life is here we've got Lewis Gordon Pugh over on the current affairs channel who doesn't believe anything the "news" tells him right the way to you who thinks the "news" channels are the natural home of truth and unbiased rationality, you seem immune to the smell of BS. I thought a used car salesman would be the sort of "can't kid a kidder" fellow with a radar highly tuned for BS but seems it was just an unfounded stereotype.

Interestingly the main conspiracy theorist on the BBC3 show was a guy who appeared to be a Muslim.I suggest you keep away from threads that have any kind of humourous or tongue-in-cheek element.The Mad Mullahs don't do funny.