House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCountOfNowhere

9/11

Watching the BBC last night/this morning....they are ramming 9/11 down out throats. possible terrorist attacks too don't ya know.

I'm sick of it, it's like watching some badly scripted u-tube propaganda channel.

Looking at the BBC news homepage there is very little British News on it now ( thought you can click on the UK link...shouldn't that be the other way round , i.e. British news and click on the world link if you want all the US rubbish :huh: )

Watching the BBC last night/this morning....they are ramming 9/11 down out throats. possible terrorist attacks too don't ya know.

I'm sick of it, it's like watching some badly scripted u-tube propaganda channel.

Looking at the BBC news homepage there is very little British News on it now ( thought you can click on the UK link...shouldn't that be the other way round , i.e. British news and click on the world link if you want all the US rubbish :huh: )

A lot of the people in the UK probably think we do live in the US. I can remember the BBC saying somthing like this: "Russian President Vladimir Putin is to meet President Barrack Obama.........". Shouldn't it be "US President Barrack Obama" ? I saw a blog post by a BBC blooger and it was entitled 'The Power of Words' or something similar and how the use or non-use of words and terms influence the populace. Every inclusion or omission is intentional.

The quality of programming and propoganda agenda are defintely open for debate but....

Lots of British people were killed on that day and subsequantly thousands of British troops were deployed to fight the war on terror. Again hundreds of British service personel are now dead.

More British people were killed on 9/11 than were killed in London on 7/7..

This is very much a British Story.

A lot of the people in the UK probably think we do live in the US. I can remember the BBC saying somthing like this: "Russian President Vladimir Putin is to meet President Barrack Obama.........". Shouldn't it be "US President Barrack Obama" ? I saw a blog post by a BBC blooger and it was entitled 'The Power of Words' or something similar and how the use or non-use of words and terms influence the populace. Every inclusion or omission is intentional.

Yes, it is! :blink::huh:

images of wide body aircraft crashes into urban areas.

Not quite as easy to find as I thought they would be :huh:

The israeli jet went in at approximatey 45 degrees which explains the narrow width Quite unlike the pentagon which officially went in wings level. Thus creating confusion.

lockerbie-aerial_451371a1.jpg

holland5eu.jpg

elalcrash.jpg

post-18154-0-29228400-1315585707_thumb.jpg

post-18154-0-18092700-1315585733_thumb.jpg

post-18154-0-30133300-1315585749_thumb.jpg

The quality of programming and propoganda agenda are defintely open for debate but....

Lots of British people were killed on that day and subsequantly thousands of British troops were deployed to fight the war on terror. Again hundreds of British service personel are now dead.

More British people were killed on 9/11 than were killed in London on 7/7..

This is very much a British Story.

' The 7/7 ripple effect' documentary might be of interest to you if you like the british angle then. Might be difficult to get a copy though.

Awful programme on BBC 3 now. Charlie Veitch on there looking like some kind of plant.

Its really starting to annoy me now. They "disproved" the theory that amateur pilots could fly two commercial jets at high speed by having a chick land a Cessna. Official version may be true (I doubt it) but the standard of programmes asking the questions is lamentable at best.

Awful programme on BBC 3 now. Charlie Veitch on there looking like some kind of plant.

Its really starting to annoy me now. They "disproved" the theory that amateur pilots could fly two commercial jets at high speed by having a chick land a Cessna. Official version may be true (I doubt it) but the standard of programmes asking the questions is lamentable at best.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b014gpjx/9_11_Conspiracy_Road_Trip/

starts of patronisingly enough "Unbelievably there are many people who doubt the conclusions of the official investigation" "Personally i'm an Irish comedian and i'm certain as certain can be that the attacks were ordered by Osama Bin Laden." That's telling the yoot.

Ah well then some comedian says what the official investigation put in their comic is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. "along the way they'll be meeting some officials who will relate the official line, some relatives who will make them feel bad just for being alive, they'll be meeting an air traffic controller who puts their questions to bed by saying he didn't know what was going on on 9/11, and along the way there'll be some tantrums and other shit like you might find in some 2 bit fat camp reality show."

I'm not sufficiently doped up but good luck anyone how makes it past the first 2 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b014gpjx/9_11_Conspiracy_Road_Trip/

starts of patronisingly enough "Unbelievably there are many people who doubt the conclusions of the official investigation" "Personally i'm an Irish comedian and i'm certain as certain can be that the attacks were ordered by Osama Bin Laden." That's telling the yoot.

Ah well then some comedian says what the official investigation put in their comic is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. "along the way they'll be meeting some officials who will relate the official line, some relatives who will make them feel bad just for being alive, they'll be meeting an air traffic controller who puts their questions to bed by saying he didn't know what was going on on 9/11, and along the way there'll be some tantrums and other shit like you might find in some 2 bit fat camp reality show."

I'm not sufficiently doped up but good luck anyone how makes it past the first 2 minutes.

The Conspiracy Files go along the same lines... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0148yz5/The_Conspiracy_Files_9_11_Ten_Years_On/

The BBC are doing all they can to propagate that the "official story" is true, and they try and debunk any other opinion...

This is mainstream media

For all WTC deniers still out there that it was not a deliberate act by our Elites to cover their major bank frauds, excuse for wars, invasion, false arrest, torture, murder of over 150,000 civilians and taking away/reducing your right/Billions of peoples rights to freedom and liberty in the west including penetrating every nook and cranny of your lives (think airport scammers)

You are treated like animals by the elites - but you just accept it

This is what happens when you let fascists get out of control - they murder, lie, deny, incarcerate, torture anyone who's face doesn't fit!

And it goes right on unchecked in your own "democratic" country.

9/11: how MPs overreacted and threw away our basic liberties

If you read the accounts of people remembering what they thought when they first heard about the terrible attacks on 11 September 2001, the main response tends to be: shock and incomprehension. Then a dawning realisation that “things had changed forever”.

I too thought: oh my god, this is terrible. More death and destruction – as if the world didn’t already have enough of this. And yes, I could see that when those planes slammed into the Twin Towers the world had been jolted on its axis.

What would happen next? More attacks? Possibly. A big reaction from the US? Again, possibly. What I didn’t expect was two huge military interventions in foreign countries – Afghanistan and Iraq – and a series of ever more shameful actions – laws that trashed basic civil liberties, Guantánamo, rendition, waterboarding, lies and cover-ups.

Initially the horror of this appalling crime against humanity – one that killed over 2,700 people of 70 different nationalities – took time to sink in. But within days politicians were talking about a “war on terror” and within a few weeks the then Home Secretary David Blunkett was proposing legislation to reintroduce internment in the UK for the first time since it was used in Northern Ireland in the 1970s.

By December, as Afghanistan fell to the US and the Taleban were chased from power, the UK had enacted the Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001, allowing foreign nationals in Britain to be jailed without charge, trial, or even seeing the evidence against them. Within days people were rounded up and after a secret process were effectively “interned” at Belmarsh top security prison in south London. Some of them would remain there for years.

Worse was to come. The following month, in January 2002, the world got its first glimpse of an obscure US naval base in Cuba called Guantánamo Bay. Shackled, cowering detainees in orange boiler-suits, ear-muffs and goggles. This was bizarre but also deadly real, with Donald Rumsfeld justifying holding hundreds of unnamed people out of the reach of family, the law and the world’s press.

Within a few months of 9/11 we seemed to have spun out of control. During this period I increasingly found myself cautioning against the politician’s cardinal mistake: overreaction. Terrorists like Osama bin Laden are weak compared to entire nations but their main hope is that countries will lash out, suspend civil liberties, start to undo the fabric of their own constitutions and democratic systems. This is exactly where the UK – along with many other countries – went wrong.

During 2002-3 senior politicians often sought to justify what was happening at Guantánamo (the criticisms would only come later). Meanwhile, behind the scenes, the UK’s intelligence agencies were involved in the CIA’s “rendition” operations, where people were kidnapped, secretly imprisoned and tortured. Indeed, according to documents recently discovered in Libya, our secret services may have organised their own rendition operations.

By 2005 the rendition story was starting to come out – despite the best efforts of UK ministers to keep a lid on it – yet by then politicians seemed to think if someone was labelled a “suspected terrorist” they were fair game and our normal legal processes could be suspended. After the Belmarsh internments were struck down by the courts the government tried house arrest instead. Without charges or trials people were placed under “control orders”, meaning they were prisoners in their own homes: tagged, risking arrest if they left during “curfews”, unable to use the internet, mobiles, or speak to friends. Remember, this was happening in our name, in democratic, freedom-loving Britain. It’s still happening now – only control orders are being slightly tweaked and re-branded as Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures, a cheap make-over that doesn’t alter their fundamental unfairness – might I almost say un-Britishness?

Britain wasn’t the only country to tear away at the fabric of its basic laws and principles after 9/11, but – shockingly – it was sometimes at the forefront of those willing to do so. From 2005 Tony Blair’s government sought to strike deals with repressive countries in the Middle East and North Africa that would see Britain deporting people even when there was a real risk of torture and arbitrary detention. These countries included Gaddafi’s Libya and Mubarak’s Egypt.

After our own terrible terrorist atrocity on 7/7 Tony Blair famously said the “rules of the game have changed”, but the so-called “game” of securing the protection of the population whilst guarding against a capitulation to lawlessness, torture and unchecked secret power was already being lost.

After 9/11, Tony Blair said: “We, the democracies of this world, are going to have to come together to fight it and eradicate this evil completely from our world.” Stirring words perhaps, but I strongly believe the reality is different. You can’t totally eradicate the threat of terrorism. You can only take sensible precautions, bolstering the police and security forces, whilst ensuring that things don’t descend into torture and illegality.

Ten years on from that horrific day the 9/11 human rights legacy is close to disastrous. Osama bin Laden is dead but we’ve had unspeakable torture at Abu Ghraib and in the Baha Mousa case. Long after President Obama vowed to close it, 171 people still languish without charge or trial at Guantánamo.

After years of denial Britain is finally holding an inquiry into the involvement of UK officials in “war on terror” torture, but much will be behind closed doors and subject to tight Downing Street control.

Al-Qai’da’s despicable killing spree had to be stopped, but we could have done it within the law and without abandoning our principles. And the tragedy is that by overreacting and throwing away basic civil liberties, our politicians have failed to do justice to the victims of 9/11 or honour their memory.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/09/09/911-how-mps-overreacted-and-threw-away-our-basic-liberties/

People will do anything for authority and authority includes money & religion.

Christ threw out the money lenders from the Temple and tackled the 'faux' lying, pretentious, money grabbing priests of the time - Pharisees

He also hung around the poorest & rejected in their society teaching them - the 'beggars' prostitutes lepers etc

The Pharisees were the keepers of the Mosaic law (The Torah). They believed that having guardianship of this law was proof that they were God’s chosen people, to whom the Messiah would come.

“Basic to the Pharisees conception of religion was the belief that the Babylonian Exile was caused by Israel’s failure to keep the Torah (The Mosaic law), and that its keeping was an individual as well as a national duty.”

Because of this, the experts of the law set about “hedging” the Mosaic law with precepts so as to make its violation almost impossible. They also added to these laws and precepts, customs which had been handed down through the years. They took these precepts to such extremes that the original intent of the written law was often lost, having been made of no effect by the oral laws and traditions which they had brought in.

To the Pharisee, keeping the law (both written and oral) was everything. The condition of a person’s heart towards God was unimportant. Because of their strict adherence to levitical laws of purity, they kept themselves separate from gentile ’sinners’ (on whom they looked down), for fear of being defiled.

Remind you of a present day 'cult'?

The Pharisees placed great importance on Temple worship, but they had no personal relationship with God. Their worship was merely formal religious observance. This strict observance of the written and oral law (the latter often negating the former) and formal religion while paying no attention to the motives of the heart, led to self righteousness and hypocrisy.

Throughout His ministry, Jesus was openly opposed to the Pharisees. He denounced them publicly for their hypocrisy, spiritual blindness, and evil ways. The Pharisees had been entrusted with the guardianship of the Torah which was God’s gift to Israel.

When the Pharisees met Jesus, a clash was inevitable.

http://www.lastdays.org.uk/jesus-and-the-pharisees.html