House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pent Up

Academagtrix Guess That Maybe Prices Rose By 0.3% In August

Excellent. Fragile recovery in tact. Good news for the nation's savvy investors.

Except that the last too months seem to have been revised down from -0.8% each to -1.4% and -0.9% still, as long as the headline guess looks good who cares...

Anyone see this at the top of the article:

LSL Property Services/Acadametrics House Price Index is the only UK house price index based upon every residential property transaction in England and Wales and is designed to provide a “true measure of house price inflation”. As FTHPI, LSL Acad HPI was chosen by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, the world's largest derivative exchange, for their proposed residential house price derivative which we expect will be launched once the current falls in house prices can be seen nearing an end.

Except that the last too months seem to have been revised down from -0.8% each to -1.4% and -0.9% still, as long as the headline guess looks good who cares...

Revising previous month's figures down seems to be the way to go for those who want to show perpetual HPI.

Not gone unnoticed by Sarah O'Grady under the headline....'Triple shot in the arm for UK's home-buyers''. The market is apparently ''resurgent''.

All this against the backdrop of falling YOY figures in just about every index now, and those awful August figures from Haliwide. You have got to admire O'Grady's stamina for presenting readers with these boom headlines against the odds.

Edited by crashmonitor

Not gone unnoticed by Sarah O'Grady under the headline....'Triple shot in the arm for UK's home-buyers''. The market is apparently ''resurgent''.

All this against the backdrop of falling YOY figures in just about every index now, and those awful August figures from Haliwide. You have got to admire O'Grady's stamina for presenting readers with these boom headlines against the odds.

I'm sure she gets paid well from the money Mr. Desmond gets from his £500 million property portfolio.

Do you have a link to the Express article? I want to see Sibley's comment...

I'm sure she gets paid well from the money Mr. Desmond gets from his £500 million property portfolio.

Do you have a link to the Express article? I want to see Sibley's comment...

I got a hard copy, free cup cake and coffee from Greggs today for the 45p cover price. Someone else commented that they we need the incentive of the whole Greggs chain before they bought that particular rag.

Edit. Oh link above from terribad

Edited by crashmonitor

I got a hard copy, free cup cake and coffee from Greggs today for the 45p cover price. Someone else commented that they we need the incentive of the whole Greggs chain before they bought that particular rag.

Did your hand burn when you picked it up?