House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shindigger

Been Gazumped On A Repo.

Ah well.

I'll probably look back and laugh.

I offered £180k and it was accepted. The Notice went online and i got gazumped to £184k.

I walked.

Heres the link if anyone fancies nuking their £184k.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19224975.html

Ive spent most of the afternoon since learning of this, ringing letting agents. Everything i have enquired about has been let.

I fully expect this to hit the rental market within the month.

Ah well.

I offered £180k and it was accepted. The Notice went online and i got gazumped to £184k.

I walked.

Ive spent most of the afternoon since learning of this, ringing letting agents. Everything i have enquired about has been let.

2 Bed Flat 180k?????? Crazy money best to have walked

Its the flats that are falling most in all areas I'm monitoring, and the falls have barely begun. Many more 10s of thousands to lop of the valuations yet.

Not so long ago, flats costed about 10k :blink:

Offer £190k then pull out at last minute. Or you get gazumped and you can walk away happy* you just unnecessarily cost someone else another 5-10k.

* mood status is a function of misanthropy. Batteries not included. This is not a flying toy.

Ah well.

I walked.

hope you hadn`t spent too much solicitors fees etc before being gazumped

Had a decent deposit.

Others round there with marina views go for well in excess of £220k. Its a nice area. Half hour to Euston.

It'll rent for £900 a month.

It would have been home for 5-10 years while i work in London on London money.

It would have been a bit of a hedge against cash withering on the vine.

Clearly there will be more QE, clearly the prudent will continue to be soundly rogered.

Right now the "London money" doesnt seem worth all the ******ing aggro to be honest.

Agree with dabhand, counter £187k and let the btl'er pay even more to gazump you. If they dont then pull the plug or drop your offer back to the £180k. Although, I think that you have been done a huge favour there tbh.

hope you hadn`t spent too much solicitors fees etc before being gazumped

I spent nowt. Luckily im on good enough tems woith my solicitor to have got the lease/service details off of him without charge.

When i saw that the repo notice wasnt a 7 day one, but a right up to exchange job, i made sure i did everything in the right order.

The worst of it would have been breaking £30ks worth of NSI certs for bugger all. A narrow squeak.

Funnily enough, i dont think i've heard the last of it.

If they come back to me, they'll be getting an offer of £170k.

Maybe.

I think Wormword Scrubs has a better street presence.

probably better residents too.

WormwoodScrubsPrison2.jpg

hemel

worm.jpg

the scrubs

post-10213-0-41399000-1315495978_thumb.jpg

post-10213-0-53266500-1315496024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bloo Loo

I think Wormword Scrubs has a better street presence.

probably better residents too.

Nope. Youre wrong.

I rented there in 2006.

Its the only area ive lived in, in ten years of renting, that i felt like buying in.

If there are riots in Apsley Lock we are beyond fecked.

Where do you live btw? Essex isnt it?

Google Apsley Lock. Scubs my ****.

Edited by shindigger

Nope. Youre wrong.

I rented there in 2006.

Its the only aea ive lived in, in ten years of renting, that i felt like buying in.

If there are riots in Apsley Lock we are beyond fecked.

Where do you live btw? Essex isnt it?

Essex, the land of Diversity.

any flat built as small as they build them these days is a head frack for the residents.

Still, at least you are free to choose your fellow flatdweller.

Essex, the land of Diversity.

any flat built as small as they build them these days is a head frack for the residents.

Still, at least you are free to choose your fellow flatdweller.

Wrong again.

Bigger than averge flat. Way bigger. Hence my interest.

Try not to worry about me, ill be fine. :)

Wrong again.

Bigger than averge flat. Way bigger. Hence my interest.

Try not to worry about me, ill be fine. :)

I think you are confusing me with someone else....worrying about you???

If that is WAY bigger, then we have no hope for the mental health of our future generations who have to suffer in that cramped condition...at 7 times average salary

I think you are confusing me with someone else....worrying about you???

If that is WAY bigger, then we have no hope for the mental health of our future generations who have to suffer in that cramped condition...at 7 times average salary

Correct.

But bigger it is.

hmmm... could be a genuine offer.

Just rang them. Listing still says £180k but hair gel boy says they have had a higher offer recently. I asked what it was and he said he couldnt tell me. I asked if they were supposed to publish the offer prices on repo's and he came back to tell me that they had an offer of £184.

He was only a monkey and had to keep putting me on hold to speak to the organ grinder.

hmmm... could be a genuine offer.

Just rang them. Listing still says £180k but hair gel boy says they have had a higher offer recently. I asked what it was and he said he couldnt tell me. I asked if they were supposed to publish the offer prices on repo's and he came back to tell me that they had an offer of £184.

He was only a monkey and had to keep putting me on hold to speak to the organ grinder.

:)

Did you ring Michael Anthony or Rightmove?

I spoke to Rightmove. Thats hilarious. Cheers.

The lying *****.!!

The problem is due to such crazy high prices, such crazy low interest rate and very few places to store wealth....property is the only place some people will buy, the rent paying the IO on the debt with some spare if lucky...nothing is risk free, interest rates may stay low for a few months more but they will have to rise at some point.......that flat is not worth the money as it stands.... are there high paying jobs in Hemel to cover the rent required?

<br />Ah well.<br />I'll probably look back and laugh.<br />I offered £180k and it was accepted. The Notice went online and i got gazumped to £184k. <br />I walked.<br /><br />Heres the link if anyone fancies nuking their £184k.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.rightmove...y-19224975.html</a><br /><br />Ive spent most of the afternoon since learning of this, ringing letting agents. Everything i have enquired about has been let.<br />I fully expect this to hit the rental market within the month.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Seriously, you had a narrow escape. £190k for what effectively would have been council type housing in the 50's and 60's. In fact, it's worse than council as you have a service charge now on top of your mortgage.

Had a decent deposit.

Others round there with marina views go for well in excess of £220k. Its a nice area. Half hour to Euston.

It'll rent for £900 a month.

It would have been home for 5-10 years while i work in London on London money.

It would have been a bit of a hedge against cash withering on the vine.

Clearly there will be more QE, clearly the prudent will continue to be soundly rogered.

Right now the "London money" doesnt seem worth all the ******ing aggro to be honest.

Why are you worried about that when you have NS&I certs?

My money is in 3% ISAs still much much better than -3% in property, or +1% less expenses, or whatever it is currently in London.