House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Supply Check

Supply in my postcode is now running at the peaks seen during the Spring. The idea that lower prices are seeing properties withdrawn from the market doesn't seem to ring true here at all. Anyone else noticed the same? Shirley no-one believes that an Autumn bounce is imminent?

Supply in my postcode is now running at the peaks seen during the Spring. The idea that lower prices are seeing properties withdrawn from the market doesn't seem to ring true here at all. Anyone else noticed the same? Shirley no-one believes that an Autumn bounce is imminent?

I'm watching Cornwall in the ~ 500k range - and seeing very healthy price drops & not too much new stuff coming onto the market.

OK - not your normal resident market but a bounce? Not even a dead cat bounce in Cornwall.

Supply levels down in Essex as you would expect over the summer. Although some areas held up very well. I expect supply to start increasing again now until lat October early November.

Where I'm looking, supply is higher than in the spring.

One or two of the properties I've been watching have disappeared from listings without ever appearing as under offer or sold, but on balance certainly if there are withdrawals there aren't enough to balance out the new listings.

I suppose it depends what usually causes the autumn bounce: if it's simply a result of less supply than in the summer as properties get sold and not so many get added, then you are right, there shouldn't be a bounce this year. God knows there's nothing happening in the economy to cause one.

I'm watching a 15 mile radius in a very rural part of the country (East Yorks). Seeing around 75 new properties a day coming on. I can't believe 5 a day are selling never mind 75.