House Price Crash Forum
Neverland

£6M For A Church Hall In Hackney

This is a laugh, particularly the description:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19699362.html?premiumA=true

To put this into context, those London riots you saw on the TV last month were talking place less than a mile from this area

I am sure some russian/arab billionaires are going to eschew Mayfair for this des res in E9 and it will be the subject of a huge bidding war...

... or not

This is a laugh, particularly the description:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19699362.html?premiumA=true

To put this into context, those London riots you saw on the TV last month were talking place less than a mile from this area

I am sure some russian/arab billionaires are going to eschew Mayfair for this des res in E9 and it will be the subject of a huge bidding war...

... or not

It looks lovely on Streetview

Ahhhh, location, location, location...

That house might look very opulent inside, but given it's location I'm sure it will struggle to sell even for 2 million (even at that price the developer would most likely still be making a profit).

The current owner, who is an experienced and accomplished developer, bought the unique former church hall, in its incredible Victoria Park Road setting, planning to transform it into luxury apartments. But his wife, who had a gift for creative interiors and beautiful design, convinced him it could be converted into a phenomenal family home for themselves.

The way I read that: Mr Developer had a plan which might actually have made money but his wife persuaded him to piss £6m up the wall instead. :lol:

The fact that not one of the 23 pictures shows an outside view of the house is deeply ominous. What are they hiding? And would someone with £6m to burn really want to live next door to penniless rioters? Generally millionaires want to live next door to other millionaires - safety in numbers. ;)

Edit: Now I've seen it ---- Yuck!! He should have knocked it down and started from bare land.

Edited by Nationalist

The fact that not one of the 23 pictures shows an outside view of the house is deeply ominous. What are they hiding? And would someone with £6m to burn really want to live next door to penniless rioters? Generally millionaires want to live next door to other millionaires - safety in numbers. ;)

If I was a squillionaire living somewhere there were riots, it might make me feel a teensy bit insecure living in a house with so many windows looking directly onto the street.

You would need a rooftop helipad, really, to evacuate your family when things kicked off, and I don't think there is one.