House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lowrentyieldmakessense(honest!)

The Lessons Of Grandparents

edited ok n and m wrong way round on keyboard

from a different article but I like below

"I, for one, wonder how long the United States can get foreigners to pay for it all so I don’t have to foot the bill. Meanwhile, I am only considering stocks that look like good shorts. Gold and silver remain great investments, especially when bought on dips in their market price. Stay tuned and when in doubt , stay in cash !"

© 2005 Richard Benson

Edited by lowrentyieldmakessense(honest!)

I like this:

GrnsMM2.jpg

and this:

...I am amazed when I recall that our modern concept of "core inflation" excludes food and energy. As if we could ever get by without these items. Instead, our current low inflation has been kept low by all those cheap things, from clothes to shoes to phones, which can be manufactured in China, which is maintaining its currency link to the US dollar, perhaps artificially, by recycling all those excess dollars from export sales to us.