House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Welcome To Tortoise Town: 20Mph Limit Coming To Every Residential Sheffield Street

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/barnsley/welcome_to_tortoise_town_20mph_limit_coming_to_every_residential_sheffield_street_1_3748321

A SPEED limit of 20mph is set to be introduced on every residential road in Sheffield.

The zones would be introduced in streets around schools first before being imposed on other ‘suitable residential areas’.

Sheffield Council’s cabinet highways committee has been recommended to approve the policy tomorrow, which will be implemented on an area-by-area basis.

Main roads would be excluded from the scheme and there would be not be any further traffic calming measures such as humps.

The aim is that motorists will realise when they turn on to residential street that it has a lower limit and will obey automatically.

Signs will still be put up but there are no proposals to enforce the speed

So this is a bit pointless then???

Freinds of mine lost their young son recently, he was hit by a bus. As far as I know, it was not the driver's fault, but had it been a collision at a lower speed, he probably would have lived.

Freinds of mine lost their young son recently, he was hit by a bus. As far as I know, it was not the driver's fault, but had it been a collision at a lower speed, he probably would have lived.

Poor little dude.

A bus has much greater momentum than a car, even at very low speed, so the transfer of force is much greater. Unlikely to survive an impact unless the bus was crawling to a stop.