House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

A2 Exam - At Home

I've been trying to find nfo regarding home study with the intention of booking the exam - I've emailed the AQA as I was unable to establish what criteria (if any) needs to be met. I did As at college last year and to be honest the classes were a joke - I did all my learning at home,and passed;so I figure why bother going - do it at home. Has anyone here been down this road please ? Thanks in advance -

Can't you just go to your nearest college and register with the exams office to do it there? The only issue you may have is that certain colleges/6th forms dont accept external candidates...

Can't you just go to your nearest college and register with the exams office to do it there? The only issue you may have is that certain colleges/6th forms dont accept external candidates...

I've emailed them to ask - thanks

Mostly they're worried about their pass rates and league table positions. From when I was homeschooling my kids I have a vague memory that there were a couple of "open" centres - probably London & ?Birmingham

Mostly they're worried about their pass rates and league table positions. From when I was homeschooling my kids I have a vague memory that there were a couple of "open" centres - probably London & ?Birmingham

Would external candidate results be added to their stats? What would happen if you take an exam that the college doesn't teach?

Thanks - I'm almost decided to enroll with the college - I won't have time to attend every class (even though they are pretty much a waste of time) but I feel I do need some guidance and someone to mark my work. Thanks again.

Is there a certain number of classes you have to attend so that they put you forward for the exam?

Is there a certain number of classes you have to attend so that they put you forward for the exam?

I guess there could be - however I attended very few classes last term but did email in my work etc,so I assume this would be acceptable again.