House Price Crash Forum

I Nearlly Bought A House

after many years waiting i saw this house and it pretty much ticked all the boxes,

i viewed it 2 weeks ago, and offered 10k below asking, it had been reduced from 180k this time last year.

2 days after the ea called to say they,d declined my offer, after a couple of days thinking i was pretty glad they actually declined

and had a word with myself for getting impatient lol.. well today the ea rang back saying the vendor would accept at 145k and leave the blinds and the washing machine lol

i stuck to my guns and said im no longer interested even at 140k after seeing the lastest house price figures

do you think the vendor saw the figures too and thought we better go for it? as the ea asked if id be interested at my original offer she sounded so desperate i smiled on hanging up.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34285352.html

after many years waiting i saw this house and it pretty much ticked all the boxes,

i viewed it 2 weeks ago, and offered 10k below asking, it had been reduced from 180k this time last year.

2 days after the ea called to say they,d declined my offer, after a couple of days thinking i was pretty glad they actually declined

and had a word with myself for getting impatient lol.. well today the ea rang back saying the vendor would accept at 145k and leave the blinds and the washing machine lol

i stuck to my guns and said im no longer interested even at 140k after seeing the lastest house price figures

do you think the vendor saw the figures too and thought we better go for it? as the ea asked if id be interested at my original offer she sounded so desperate i smiled on hanging up.

Dont know much about the area but that seems like a nice house for 149K. If you get it for 135K that's a big drop from 180K last year, at a certain price point people will buy again.

Very nice looking house.

Make your offer based on the fact that there is NO PARKING and it is a smaller plot (at the front) than the rest of the houses along there.

I will never buy another house without parking and would have to think twice if it didn't have a garage. If / when you sell other buyers will also think this.

Make your offer based on the fact that there is NO PARKING and it is a smaller plot (at the front) than the rest of the houses along there.

I will never buy another house without parking and would have to think twice if it didn't have a garage. If / when you sell other buyers will also think this.

I would imagine the lack of parking has already been taken into account. What is the price you want to pay for it then?? Seems really very good value.

It is called coitus interuptus. It's the cure for high house prices - pull out and don't take any action. Even London is starting the wobbles. I am more confident than ever that a HPC is under way and will now take place. The conomy is faltering, businesses a reclosing quite alarmingly and an accelerationg feeling of decline i setting in. It's the recession which silly govts thought they could buy their way out of, so just spent trillions pumping up a dead duck. Best to bury the duck and look for a new start. It would be better still if the govt just put up IR's to sensible levels instaed of pretending and probably leaving us with alonger term inflationary issue. Get it over with in a 3 year period not 12.

Jesus, down here in London we would bite your arm off for something like that. Probably sell our kids too :lol:

Indeed. At that price I expected to click on the link and see a studio flat with a 12x12 integrated kitchen/living space and a bathroom without a bath.

It says in the blurb that it does have a detached garage.

The latest sold price of a detached house in that post code is £105k. The highest EVER price achieved was £165k. That particular house No.16 was last sold for £54,000 in 1997.

Based the fact that the vendor asked for £180k last year, I diagnose them to be clinically insane and would advise you to stay the fuxk away from them.

The latest sold price of a detached house in that post code is £105k. The highest EVER price achieved was £165k. That particular house No.16 was last sold for £54,000 in 1997.

Based the fact that the vendor asked for £180k last year, I diagnose them to be clinically insane and would advise you to stay the fuxk away from them.

Not a lot of point refering back to 1997 really, I think people are dreaming if they think housing will go back 14 years in price. We have already seen a 30% drop from peak in housing. For Example in 1997 in Plymouth you could buy a nice 2 bed terrace for 30K, but housuing is an investment now so that will maintain a price. A good year to take IMO is about the 2004ish period before the Bubble grew to big. Intrest rates are low so housing is more affordable than in the 1990's.

You say the highest price ever was 165K then a reasonable amount to pay would be between 120K and 135K IMHO.

Not a lot of point refering back to 1997 really, I think people are dreaming if they think housing will go back 14 years in price. We have already seen a 30% drop from peak in housing. For Example in 1997 in Plymouth you could buy a nice 2 bed terrace for 30K, but housuing is an investment now so that will maintain a price.

It's you who are dreaming, if you're still clinging onto the "housing is an investment" mentality.

• 2 weeks later...

so sorry people, i didnt think this post made it onto the boards, i presumed it had been binned for some reason lol,.

the house was very nice my daughter decided on a room too lol, the garge is to the rear of the property and is accessed by a very overgrown dirt road.

the vendor is the only person to maintian the road so youd need a jcb to do the rest :)

i wouldve been happy at 140k for this, but on reflection i was being eager, since posting the economy is getting noticeably worse, and that house is still forsale!!

thier are more house of this type npw comming on at 150k in better areas i have veiwings on two more both with garages and decent sized gardens :)