House Price Crash Forum
Acid In The Punch Bowl

London Property Bubble 'about To Burst'

There was bound to be a knock on following the riots.......

This will be in suburbia, the likes of West One and stuff close to the City which attracts the foreigners won't fall very much if at all.

But then that sort of stuff is not for Mr and Mrs average anyway.

Merge with what? there isn't another thread on this article.

I think this article, of all articles deserves it's own thread.

It is a great article - excellent news indeed. London falling will be a huge bearish sentiment for prices.

It is a great article - excellent news indeed. London falling will be a huge bearish sentiment for prices.

Hence Osborne warning of Armageddon on the waves and <wink wink nod nod Merv> expressing his view that there is a lot of room for some creative inflationary gimmickery by the BOE.

You'd almost think the current cabinet is filled with bankers and BTLers.

Oh...

Don't get too excited. Who is putting out the press release?

I don't know PPR ESTATES but I would hazard a guess that they may be in the speedy sale business for distressed sellers.

Just a weird hunch that'll i'll go away now to confirm or not. Back soon....

EDIT:

What do you think...on the hunt for distressed sellers? Looking to shake the tree?

No doubt they are a VI IMPO, but no different to any other of the VIs who put out house price press releases.

Don't get too excited. Who is putting out the press release?

I don't know PPR ESTATES but I would hazard a guess that they may be in the speedy sale business for distressed sellers.

Just a weird hunch that'll i'll go away now to confirm or not. Back soon....

EDIT:

What do you think...on the hunt for distressed sellers? Looking to shake the tree?

it's not the press release that's the important bit, it's that a lot of people will read that article and take it at face value.

Another straw on the back of the camel.

GTFO

Edited by GTFO

I read that story as 'people don't want to buy or own houses in areas hit by riots'.

I was nearly blown off my feet by this original and unexpected realisation.

But he said this sentiment had changed over the past few months, a trend particularly noticeable in areas hit by the recent riots – such as Lewisham, Croydon, Walthamstow and Tottenham.

"In the areas we have seen buyers withdrawing. We are also aware of international buyers pulling back from investment purchases as a result of a loss of confidence in the 'safe haven' investing benefits of London. As we move into autumn I fear this may prove to be the catalyst that bursts the unsustainable property bubble that built up over the last few years."

What? Not a "safe haven" anymore?! :lol:

Why not buy in Tower Hamlets, or Barking, or Hackney? They're inside the "Sharia Zone", bound to be very safe.

What? Not a "safe haven" anymore?! :lol:

Why not buy in Tower Hamlets, or Barking, or Hackney? They're inside the "Sharia Zone", bound to be very safe.

Indeed under Sharia Law, with Tower Hamlets now declared a "gay free zone." The Met has done its bit by banning EDL marches of course which would offend devout, peaceful Muslims. laugh.gif

Seems just like all the other DT's pwoperdee stuff- regurgitated press release, except it happens to be HPC tastic. Still a crock of sh!t as a piece of journalism.

+1

In tomorrow's addition of the DT

"LondonHouse prices to soar by 25% over the next five years"*

*according to leading housebuilder/estate agent/landowner/liar

When the london bubble re-pops...it will be house price carnage all over the country.

Why carnage...it will be a house price readjustment....houses were cheaper once, we all survived to pay the price. ;)

prime london still won't fall... north / eat sh!tholes probaably will..

i am still waiting to snap up two bed near hyde park... excellent..

For you maybe....personally I wouldn't live there unless you paid me. ;)

Why carnage...it will be a house price readjustment....houses were cheaper once, we all survived to pay the price. ;)

I think it would be worse this time

The 90s had negative equity for sure

They didn't have:

- BTL portfolios

- "my house/property portfolio" is my pension

- already high levels of government and personal debt

This is why the authorities are desperate to avoid a crash

I think it would be worse this time

The 90s had negative equity for sure

They didn't have:

- BTL portfolios

- "my house/property portfolio" is my pension

- already high levels of government and personal debt

This is why the authorities are desperate to avoid a crash

Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

So what you are saying is people took on a commitment they had no intention or workable plan of paying back, whose fault is that then....the reckless who bit off more than they could chew so fueling even higher prices for the rest....the feckless who could see that something was worth less than than they were prepared to pay, but bought it anyway......interest rates are at an all time low, if debt can't be paid now, how can it ever be paid when and if all time averages are implemented.......

All some irresponsible people did was take on as much debt as they could to get what they wanted, a BTL here then another dodgy BTL there....paying it back was a minor consideration....it's the rental that counts, not when it can't be rented or rented for more than a cash deposit in the building society, on top of that the value falls, that is not a future pension it is a future liability......then the SHTF. ;)

considering your spectacular level of innumeracy when discussing yields in the Docklands some threads back, this reads as 'wibble look at me i have lots of money. wibble'

but hey there you go

I did a rightmove search yesterday on Central London to get a feel for things. Low end properties in areas like Westminster, the City and even Mayfair are beginning to look reasonably priced. The is definitely new!

This crash started at the bottom and is without doubt moving upmarket.

Love all the "London is immune" posts in comments.

"Pompei immune from volcano lava* states roman property company.."

"*excluding pyroclastic flow"