House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

More Woe For Dixons After First Quarter Slump In Sales

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/more-woe-for-dixons-after-first-quarter-slump-in-sales-2350554.html

There was more woe for retailer Dixons today as the PC World and Currys owner posted a slump in sales in the first quarter of its financial year.

The group reported a 10% fall in same-store sales during the 12 weeks to July 23 in the UK and Ireland, where it has 640 stores, and a 7% drop across the whole group.

Dixons Retail, which saw a 6% drop in profits in the year to April, said the quarter compared to particularly strong trading in the same period last year as a result of the World Cup and the launch of Apple's iPad.

But the figures will do nothing to alleviate concerns over the state of high street trading as retailers, ranging from interior designer Habitat to fashion chain Jane Norman, have fallen into administration.

Chief executive John Browett said the company emerged relatively unscathed from the violence and looting in the UK in early August.

Mr Browett said insurance and compensation would minimise the impact and hailed his staff's efforts to clean up damaged stores in the aftermath.

Shares were up 8% today as analysts said the update was "reassuring".

Amazing Dixons post a fall in sales and the reaction from the market is that's "reassuring". WTF are these people on?

It is because the "Downtown" was expected and widely reported. The reporting of "woe" is c0ckwash reporting - as can be seen by the movement. The "relief" was just that the economy is black as expected, and there has been no more blackness and there is "no-one" in the wood pile.

Might be reassuring because they are consolidating stores like no tomorrow. My local PC World is now a DFS and PC World has decamped across the road to Curry's! laugh.gif

I'd just like to say that the dixons website/online store is great. Prices seem to be better than most places, usually free delivery and you can pick a delivery slot for large items. I've bought my last 3 electronic purchases from them ( camera, fridge and TV ) all great prices, all delivered when stated.

I'd just like to say that the dixons website/online store is great. Prices seem to be better than most places, usually free delivery and you can pick a delivery slot for large items. I've bought my last 3 electronic purchases from them ( camera, fridge and TV ) all great prices, all delivered when stated.

still got those DSG shares then......

What about their reputation for shockingly poor after sales service ?