House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Latest Ea Today Stories

I have been enjoying the 25% overpriced story. I see most EAs are avoiding that thread alltogthere. Likely very worried and need to all rush it togthere in one go with their barrage of ad hominem attacks on posters suggesting prices might go down.

I did find find Gloria's comments interesting though, evident there are some, even if very very few and far between EAs that get it.

I have been enjoying the 25% overpriced story. I see most EAs are avoiding that thread alltogthere. Likely very worried and need to all rush it togthere in one go with their barrage of ad hominem attacks on posters suggesting prices might go down.

I did find find Gloria's comments interesting though, evident there are some, even if very very few and far between EAs that get it.

I noticed Gloria's comments too. Reads very similar to something I posted on HPC a couple of days ago. Still, I'm not going to suggest bearish comments should be copyrighted!

The comments seem pretty bearish in the main. I guess a few HPCers are adding their tuppence worth.

That's a good point. The usual EAs who post on that forum are mostly avoiding that thread. Wonder why?

I suppose that even for some of them the penny must now be dropping. It seems like only yesterday that it was March and they were all looking forward to a booming Spring, Easter and Summer. Now we are in Sept, the nights are closing in and the Winter is decidedly wintry already.

That's a good point. The usual EAs who post on that forum are mostly avoiding that thread. Wonder why?

I suppose that even for some of them the penny must now be dropping. It seems like only yesterday that it was March and they were all looking forward to a booming Spring, Easter and Summer. Now we are in Sept, the nights are closing in and the Winter is decidedly wintry already.

ok, 'Bob'?

Thanks for the HPC lecture, Bob :D

I was merely trying to make myself sound like a deluded EA to undermine their arguments, but you took the bait instead of a helpful actual EA :lol:

My reply will truly be trollirific

Thanks for the HPC lecture, Bob :D

I was merely trying to make myself sound like a deluded EA to undermine their arguments, but you took the bait instead of a helpful actual EA :lol:

My reply will truly be trollirific

I do that sometimes.

I wonder if there are any actual EAs left on EA Today, or maybe its just been the HPC crowd trolling each other for the last 6 months without realizing.

I do that sometimes.

I wonder if there are any actual EAs left on EA Today, or maybe its just been the HPC crowd trolling each other for the last 6 months without realizing.

Seems like.

Let's all stay away and collapse the market :blink:

The attitude of EAs on that site and one's i've met remind me of gold bugs in their eye curtained wonderlust for ever higher prices. Gold bugs i understand but for the life of me i can't understand why any EA would get more delight from crowing about one massively over sold house they got through rather than having a nice fat book of houses priced at levels people are willing and able to pay bringing a steady turn over of work and income. What is this psychology that leads them to shoot themselves in the foot? Really bizarre.

The attitude of EAs on that site and one's i've met remind me of gold bugs in their eye curtained wonderlust for ever higher prices. Gold bugs i understand but for the life of me i can't understand why any EA would get more delight from crowing about one massively over sold house they got through rather than having a nice fat book of houses priced at levels people are willing and able to pay bringing a steady turn over of work and income. What is this psychology that leads them to shoot themselves in the foot? Really bizarre.

I think it's the fact that EAs are often BTL investers in their spare time nowadays. 20 years ago few seemed to invest in property themselves so were quite happy to talk down prices as it meant more sales, therefore more commission in total.

Now its a choice between trying to talk down prices, which improves their income but destroys the value of the value of their BTL portfolio, or talk up the value of their portfolio which will ultimately then destroy the commission income from their 'day job'. What a dilemma, I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

Edited by Neil D Possitt