House Price Crash Forum

Ftse Up Over 2% Today

HOLA441
HOLA442

BBC 15 min delayed figure

FTSE 100 5271.85 Up 115.01 2.23%

Looks like all the debt worries have just evaporated, the FTSE is clearly on track to be around 6000 at the end of the month.

Thought I'd better post the news as we only ever concentrate on the negatives.

When they were up they were up

When they were down they were down

and when they were only half way up they were only half way down

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Black Tuesday was a bad call :lol:

Given the bum raping people have been taking courtesy of Merv I think there is a fair degree of support in the market for quality shares with a good yield. I know several people who have moved from cash into equities. Also some people selling up a proportion of gold seeing more and more of a risk in that market.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Nieve newbie question alert. How does average Mr Joe Punter short, other than spread betting?

I use spread betting. No tax. Wouldn't want it any other way. Loads of instruments to trade, at your fingertips, almost 24/7, tax free, free excellent analysis software, brilliant :)

Finally the little guy is allowed in on the action.

HOLA4414

White Wednesday?

So it's down 3%, then up 2%, then down 3%, then up 2%... etc

Despite the court ruling, Greek CDS is still 26.5%. So the market thinks they're going to default. When that happens, it'll be 2008-9 all over again: write-offs at banks, fear of interbank lending again as no-one knows where the losses will fall, and then big loss announcements (also bringing other skeletons out of the closet).

HOLA4415

White Wednesday?

So it's down 3%, then up 2%, then down 3%, then up 2%... etc

Despite the court ruling, Greek CDS is still 26.5%. So the market thinks they're going to default. When that happens, it'll be 2008-9 all over again: write-offs at banks, fear of interbank lending again as no-one knows where the losses will fall, and then big loss announcements (also bringing other skeletons out of the closet).

I wish they would hurry up and get on with it. let the fun begin! ( he says whilst stuffing £20 notes into the mattress)

HOLA4416

I use spread betting. No tax. Wouldn't want it any other way. Loads of instruments to trade, at your fingertips, almost 24/7, tax free, free excellent analysis software, brilliant :)

Finally the little guy is allowed in on the action.

I don't understand why gambing is the only business activity that is tax free.

It's almost as if the Labour Party (who made this change) are trying to tell us something.... :unsure:

HOLA4417

I don't understand why gambing is the only business activity that is tax free.

It's almost as if the Labour Party (who made this change) are trying to tell us something.... :unsure:

because omost lose and applying tax to it would also make it tax deductible for losses i would imagine

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Are you allowed to say that?

:unsure:

A guy I work with who is sitting on a £1 Million portfolio told me last week that he had cashed in $30,000 gold (about 1/3rd of his gold holding) and moved into equities of the defensive type. In his case profit taking. Said he bought in to gold around the $800-$900 mark.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425