House Price Crash Forum
paul ireland

N.ireland's On The Up

:rolleyes::rolleyes: house prices in n.ireland rise by 20% in the passt 12 month and are expected to out do the rest of the uk in the next 2-3 years

And this is a good thing how exactly? :rolleyes:

Maybe's aye, maybe's no....

NI property was probably due an upward correction, after being held down by the troubles. Take out the paramilitaries and you've got a province with a lot of room (about 1.5m people??, a lot of whom are crammed into Belfast...that leaves a lot of space in the countryside), scenery and relatively low crime.

The only fly in the ointment is the amount of UK and Euro subsidy which flows in - and to which the NI economy is dependent. Neither Labour or Tories have any MPs there - look out for cuts if either needs to fund a pre-election tax cut or something. I think we can also expect a realignment of EU farming and land subsidies towards the accession states, all of who have high proportions of agriculture in their economies.

hi Paul

are u from ireland / n.ireland what part? iam in north down(Bangor) and there is no slow down in prices as u say , i have personal experence of 12 - 15% per year since 2003, there seems to be no sign of a slow down.

cheers

aidsy...

hi aidsy

i from downpatrick/crossgar

having sold up six months ago now renting waiting for the crash and there seems no sign

here

my sister got a town house in crossgar 1 year ago for 90,000 and now its on the market for 120,000 with two offers

it crazy down here

hi Paul

are u from ireland / n.ireland what part? iam in north down(Bangor) and there is no slow down in prices as u say , i have personal experence of 12 - 15% per year since 2003, there seems to be no sign of a slow down.

cheers

aidsy...

:(

hi aidsy

i from downpatrick/crossgar

having sold up six months ago now renting waiting for the crash and there seems no sign

here

my sister got a town house in crossgar 1 year ago for 90,000 and now its on the market for 120,000 with two offers

it crazy down here

:(

Belfast myself, and I've recently noticed price cutting on certain properties. Also a few sales seem to be falling through, mainly at the higher end of the market.

Just as an example, if you look on property news:

Property News

and type Rosetta, 49 Church Road was sale agreed (now appears to have fallen through), 32 St. John's Park was 265K, now 252K and it's being undercut by number 43 and so on... Not that I'm in anyway near that league, but not the same picture that everyone would have you believe. Moreover, this was in last week's Tele:

Would-be house buyers should tread carefully

Still everything is completely out of touch with local wages. Alot of houses at the lower end of the market which need decoration seem to being sold to builders. It's all a case of wait and see.