House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wurzel Of Highbridge

House Prices Graphs And Data

I was just thinking about regional house prices and the graph on the front of this website then I got a great idea.

the idea is to make some kind of a 3d regional graph showing house prices showing each area instead of a UK average graph. something a little like this:

http://infernal-quack.net/files/web_lab/canvas_3d-wireframe-graph.png

But with house prices for different regions.

Anyone know any software that I can produce a graph like this in? I was thinking of using excel to amalgamate the data with each column representing a region and each row covering a different quater.

Got Excel working, just need to get some data now. I can't find it on the Land Registry website to I will take a look at Nationwide's figures to see if I can find the regional series going back a few years.

Got Excel working, just need to get some data now. I can't find it on the Land Registry website to I will take a look at Nationwide's figures to see if I can find the regional series going back a few years.

Good idea. How would you order the regions on the graph?

The graph on the front page is the truth, and the only truth. To deny it is heresy! :( :angry:

I made these using the nationwide figures as I haven't got time to trawl through the land registy composing figures into the spreadsheet.

Looking at these Yorkshire and Humberside look good value for money & London looks so overpriced. I will have to check Yorkshire in right move to get some hard facts.

1995-2011-wire.jpg

Edited by khards

I made these using the nationwide figures as I haven't got time to trawl through the land registy composing figures into the spreadsheet.

Looking at these Yorkshire and Humberside look good value for money & London looks so overpriced. I will have to check Yorkshire in right move to get some hard facts.

Can you put it on a log scale please?