House Price Crash Forum
HouseDog

How Well Are Your Local Estate Agents Really Doing?

Hi All,

Summers over and I know you've all been thinking a lot about your lovely local estate agents. They tell you the market is on the up and yet your deeply concerned about their wellbeing and future prospects.

I know you HPC'ers, if you could, you would adopt an estate agent - or at the very least, take one home every so often, for a slice of cake and a cup of tea with your mum. :P

However, you might need something to talk about!

This website is free and provides summary accounts - I discovered some of my local estate agents have sadly posted very large losses. :unsure:

http://www.levelbusiness.com/

So how well are you locals EAs really doing?

Edited by HouseDog

One lady who was showing me houses, got rid of her BMW, and now has a Kia or something.

She was dead honest about it! :huh:

Hi All,

Summers over and I know you've all been thinking a lot about your lovely local estate agents. They tell you the market is on the up and yet your deeply concerned about their wellbeing and future prospects.

I know you HPC'ers, if you could, you would adopt an estate agent - or at the very least, take one home every so often, for a slice of cake and a cup of tea with your mum. :P

However, you might need something to talk about!

This website is free and provides summary accounts - I discovered some of my local estate agents have sadly posted very large losses. :unsure:

http://www.levelbusiness.com/

So how well are you locals EAs really doing?

They are all feeling very ill after the last 6 months! The sell offs have begun with Bairstowe eves being resold, and a local one I noticed with 3 offices suddenly being sold off while I was away! People may want to get out and be prepared to sell at a real underprice against normal trading performance. Some brave souls see that as an opportunity and for a few it will be. For most it will be the worst business buy of their lives because this property retrenchment will be heavy and lasting. The only glimmer for agents will be that the market moves down quickly and sales volume ramps up next year. The worst world for them is no sales atall and that's where we're headed this winter.

Edited by plummet expert

great site, had a nosey at the last three companies I worked for as well (an eye opener!)

then had a look at my least favourite lettings agents (from a big list of contenders)

looks like Reeds Rains made a loss of 1.7m last year.

Ha Ha Ha!

great site, had a nosey at the last three companies I worked for as well (an eye opener!)

then had a look at my least favourite lettings agents (from a big list of contenders)

looks like Reeds Rains made a loss of 1.7m last year.

Ha Ha Ha!

I take no credit in finding the website - our good friend 'gasket37' posted the link on the Northampton thread. :rolleyes:

Some of the losses I've found are indeed staggering .. :blink:

I can't see any company sustaining such losses.

However, I have found a couple of EAs who seem to have planned for the downturn and are still doing very well.

interesting reading.

looked at the biggest one [with several branches] in North Yorks, where I come from originally.

looks like the twelve or so directors earn good money, about £80k each, £120k for the MD. the other staff, nearly all sales with a few admin, average £22k each. not much fun being a rank-and-filer then...

Well, that's any chance of any productive work today completely and utterly b**gered. Thanks a lot :lol:

Excellent find. Now, never mind the EA's, let's have a look at all those hubristic flipper and developer c*cks, who make everyone's life such a misery around here with their rubbish overpriced slavebox flats!!

B