House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Why Wouldn't A House Be On The Land Reg Sold Data

Was looking at a house today that the sellers purchased 3 years ago according to them. It certainly was on the market for the whole of last year.

Problem is, I can't find any SOLD PRICE on places like Zoopla, Nethouseprices or Houseprices? They all, I believe, use the Land Reg data so anyone know why a house sold 3 years ago would not be listed on the figures? I assumed there was a legal requirement to notify the Land Reg within X months of purchase.

Just trying to find out what the property last sold for.

The system does not always work. You will not get a straight answer from the authorities as to why this is. We tried when it was relevent to what I did for a living. Unless you are ready to man the barricades just accept that's how it is.

Was looking at a house today that the sellers purchased 3 years ago according to them. It certainly was on the market for the whole of last year.

Problem is, I can't find any SOLD PRICE on places like Zoopla, Nethouseprices or Houseprices? They all, I believe, use the Land Reg data so anyone know why a house sold 3 years ago would not be listed on the figures? I assumed there was a legal requirement to notify the Land Reg within X months of purchase.

I know Repo.s do not show.I wonder why? :ph34r:

Have you tried rightmove sold data? Alternatively you can actually pay the LR for the info direct.

We traded up in 2009 and the house we sold never showed up on the land registry. Cash buyers and I think they may have done their own conveyancing. Perhaps they just didn't fill in the correct forms.

I put this question to the Land Registry after the house I sold in 2007 didn't show up.

Their answer was that their system tries to match sales to offical Royal Mail postal addresses. If it can't for any reason, eg the house has a name but Royal Mail have it down as a number, the Land Registry's database basically sends the sale price details to the recycle bin!

Unless someone at the Land Reg then goes to the trouble of manually re-adding the sale details to the database it never will show up on house price sites.

Interesting info re the repos - thanks. This house has been done up quite a bit - the whole new bathroom, new kitchen, new wiring, granite tops, twigs in vases.

Also interesting re the name of houses.

Thanks all.

Interesting info re the repos - thanks. This house has been done up quite a bit - the whole new bathroom, new kitchen, new wiring, granite tops, twigs in vases.

Also interesting re the name of houses.

Thanks all.

If its got twigs in vases I would buy. Coffee and vanilla smells are now out of date. Pretty cushions on beds always makes my wife want to buy, but I never take any notice and just look for damp and poor wiring...prob better to just go by the twigs

If its got twigs in vases I would buy. Coffee and vanilla smells are now out of date. Pretty cushions on beds always makes my wife want to buy, but I never take any notice and just look for damp and poor wiring...prob better to just go by the twigs

Not only did it have twigs in a vase but the twigs had lit fairy lights on them. It was kind of spooky as there was no one home, only me and the EA.

House I was renting 2 years ago and was sold still hasn't shown up on any of the free ones

love to know how much it sold for but not enough to pay £4 to LR to find out.

Don't know why but a lot don't show up on RM etc.