House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Wealthy Brits Splash Out As B M W And Audi In Top 10

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/8744023/UK-new-car-sales-rise-for-for-first-time-in-14-months.html

Must be lotsa dosh about or is it fewer people making more and able to buy BMWs, Audis and Golfs? BMW 3 in 5th Place and Audi A3 creeping in at number 10. French cars nowhere to be seen.

Ford Fiesta seems to be top choice! ;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/8744023/UK-new-car-sales-rise-for-for-first-time-in-14-months.html

Must be lotsa dosh about or is it fewer people making more and able to buy BMWs, Audis and Golfs? BMW 3 in 5th Place and Audi A3 creeping in at number 10. French cars nowhere to be seen.

Pick the month when only 3% of transactions take place and make a load of wild pronouncements. :rolleyes:

You don't, by any chance, compile the Nationwide's house price stats do you?

We complain about the materialistic upper-middle earner/spenders but the car market is definitely a place where you can take advantage of them. The amount they lose on these cars for us to pick up for peanuts after only fairly moderate usage.

Edited by cica

We complain about the materialistic upper-middle earner/spenders but the car market is definitely a place where you can take advantage of them. The amount they lose on these cars for us to pick up for peanuts after only fairly moderate usage.

That's what I do, provided there is a decent service history! ;):blink:

http://www.telegraph...-14-months.html

French cars nowhere to be seen.

The 207 is in 10th place, year to date though it was displaced this month by the A3. Having said that, the 207 is probably built in Slovakia (the 206 was made at Ryton, the EU helped fund the move to Slovakia).

On the other hand van and truck sales are shooting up 22.8%

http://www.smmt.co.uk/2011/09/august-up-22-8-as-strong-van-and-truck-demand-continues/

Is that telling us something? Recovereh?

Hang on- I've just realised that I haven't seen a single 61 reg car (or bike) yet- I've driven to work for five of the last six days. You used to see loads of new reg cars on the first day- more recently it's been an average of 2-3 days- but 6 days and counting?

Edited by Rave

You can say that not only about cars but other quality goods they tire of quickly, they do the upgrading paying the price....then their top notch cast offs turn into others bargain purchases and pride and joy. ;)

You can say that not only about cars but other quality goods they tire of quickly, they do the upgrading paying the price....then their top notch cast offs turn into others bargain purchases and pride and joy. ;)

Good furniture is another bargain, but actually I don't have much of that because I like cars better! :huh:

Guest eight

Hang on- I've just realised that I haven't seen a single 61 reg car (or bike) yet- I've driven to work for five of the last six days. You used to see loads of new reg cars on the first day- more recently it's been an average of 2-3 days- but 6 days and counting?

Other half works near a school used by semi-domesticated members of the "travelling community", cash in hand builders, roofers etc.

I have literally lost count of the number of (invariably ice white) 61 plate RR Sports, Santa Fe's and C Class Mercs I have seen round there this past week.

That's because with few execptions, they're 5hit.

Don't agree, I love my Citroen C5 and its wobbly suspension. At least it has a Ford diesel engine! laugh.gif

But I looked at getting a Passatt to replace my old Passatt when it blew up in France. Found I could buy 2 or even 3 Cit's for the cash for spares if need be.

I've run a number of big Citroens from DS (those were the days) right through to CX's and XM's. They have not been bad, ok the early ones were rot boxes, and doors would fall off and the electric winders would break, leaving you with a drivers window fully down on a rain sodden M6, but apart from the good cheap, quirky motoring!

Edited by John Steed

Pick the month when only 3% of transactions take place and make a load of wild pronouncements. :rolleyes:

You don't, by any chance, compile the Nationwide's house price stats do you?

Quite possibly as: "The Supermini segment jumped by 17.6pc to account for 37.3pc of the August new car market "

i thought 8 in 10 new car sales were to business fleets and other clients....

maybe they were able to pick up bargains on their choice of vehicles as the manufacturers try to shift stock?

September figures are going to be interesting

That's because with few execptions, they're 5hit.

Got it in one. I had a brand new Citroen for all of 24 months & then sold it as brand new.

That's coz every single component had been replaced.

I'm not surprised the Germans are doing well. They seem to understand the company car tax rules here in the uk better than any uk based manufacturer.

Yes.

I have to gawpe in wonder at how many BMWs, Mercs and Audis are around these days, and then I remember the reason why.

ditto Audis. Some A3 owners have no idea they're driving around an Octavia with flasher seats.

I'd considered A3s and Golfs in the past but they just seem too cramped and too expensive when compared to an Octavia. Better badges and arguably better looking, but inferior to the Skoda in most other respects.

I'd considered A3s and Golfs in the past but they just seem too cramped and too expensive when compared to an Octavia. Better badges and arguably better looking, but inferior to the Skoda in most other respects.

Octavia VRs Diesel (180BHP) Estate - Manual

The ultimate universal car. Drive sensibly and you can get over 55mpg.

Put your foor down and there is all the torque you could ever need. Towing is no problem either.

Hit the apex at 50, the tail does the smooth shuffle, I catch it with a dab of oppo and I’m away.The Skoda Octavia VRs Diesel Estate is a b1tch. And I spanked it.

Yes.

I have to gawpe in wonder at how many BMWs, Mercs and Audis are around these days, and then I remember the reason why.

Its funny, everyone who buys them will see the value in them drop because theres so many of them around, while I buy rare and non German

and it holds its value really well.

Hit the apex at 50, the tail does the smooth shuffle, I catch it with a dab of oppo and I'm away.The Skoda Octavia VRs Diesel Estate is a b1tch. And I spanked it.

You are Troy Queef and I claim my £5.

i thought 8 in 10 new car sales were to business fleets and other clients....

maybe they were able to pick up bargains on their choice of vehicles as the manufacturers try to shift stock?

September figures are going to be interesting

60:40 split

http://www.smmt.co.uk/2011/09/august-new-car-market-rises-for-first-time-in-over-a-year/

Edited by daiking