House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Volumes Falling - Properties Not Selling

Fewer and fewer properties are selling - I've noticed that dull properties / properties with any slight issue - aesthetic or other - just aren't selling or are bouncing from EA to EA to EA / withdrawn. There must be a growing desparation to sell and a growing willingness to slash prices? Am I wrong to assume this?

Edited by gruffydd

Fewer and fewer properties are selling - I've noticed that dull properties / properties with any slight issue - aesthetic or other - just aren't selling or are bouncing from EA to EA to EA / withdrawn. There must be a growing desparation to sell and a growing willingness to slash prices? Am I wrong to assume this?

Around Warwick properties do seem to be shifting (except those pesky 2 bed flats - sorry, "luxury" apartments) over the past few months. I'm getting concerned that the crash will never appear.

Every time I think that though I remember - average loan is 5 times average salary. Also all those overseas investors who have clearly piled into UK property - when will they give up, sell up and move onto another profit-making scheme? Finally wil FTB have to wait for their relatives to snuff it and generate a big inheritance before they get onto the property ladder?

Off topic I know, but Gruffyd didnt you say that your uncle ( big banker ) said that a rate cut in October was a done deal ! Now we know we can ignore anything else which comes from this dubious source.

The cool thing is..

I wouldn't mind a two bed flat..

cool..

on the up friends bought a two bed house.. terraced with a road running around the other three sides.. no garden..

but it cost the same as all the others on the way up...

apparently tricky to sell in a buyers market..

go figure..

Glad my Uncle has been proved wrong for once! He's well connected though so I never dismiss his predictions, though I sometimes wonder whether he's just trying to wind me up as he knows I'm a bear on property! It'll be interesting to see how the MPC voted this time.

Warwick watcher, you mention overseas investors. Do they play a significant part in holding property prices up? I heard the other day that the commercial property currently being off-loaded is being snapped up by foreigners for some reason. Idiotic speculation in my opinion.

I wouldn't be worried about the crash not having arrived yet. Things seem to have turned here in W Wales. However, I still think we'll have to wait until late September / October 2006 for the crash to kick-in across the UK - we'll see mixed messages between now and then.

Edited by gruffydd

Glad my Uncle has been proved wrong for once! He's well connected though so I never dismiss his predictions, though I sometimes wonder whether he's just trying to wind me up as he knows I'm a bear on property! It'll be interesting to see how the MPC voted this time.

Warwick watcher, you mention overseas investors. Do they play a significant part in holding property prices up? I heard the other day that the commercial property currently being off-loaded is being snapped up by foreigners for some reason. Idiotic speculation in my opinion.

I wouldn't be worried about the crash not having arrived yet. Things seem to have turned here in W Wales. However, I still think we'll have to wait until late September / October 2006 for the crash to kick-in across the UK - we'll see mixed messages between now and then.

Be fair on Uncle. If you asked an individual member of the MPC what will happen next month, they couldn't possibly know.

Edited by Casual Observer