House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Newsnight Looking At The Global Economy

Guest spp

The fools thought they could get things under control, but the bullets are running out!

'Saved the world', 'global', 'growth', 'recovery', 'green shoots', 'Gold is a bubble' bla bla...

It's the DEBT stupid! But what will they do?? Correct...borrow (printy, printy at interest) even more! :ph34r:

Waffle waffle ... disagreements between me and the Governor ... waffle waffle ...

Absolutely.

Nothing about the root causes of the crisis (scream 'DEBTDEBTDEBT' [personal, business and public]) and suggesting more stimulus is the only cure to get us out of here. Yawn. FFS, when will a politican with a backbone get into our wonderful House of Commons?

Might be worth a look.

Usual c r a p from Darling. Basically cuts are too fast and we need growth. That means throw more debt at a debt ridden crisis and no actual detail on how to improve growth.

And where was the interview with Osborn, or a Tory minister for balance?

And the BEEB managed to get a plug for his book. We pay for the Labour advertising agency.

Darling went on to highlight all the other economies collapsing, as if it's all ok because we're all in the p o o together.

This mad Trotskyite has no idea what to do in reality, but would stay in power if allowed to, and just continue the destruction.

The BBC is a disgrace.

Usual c r a p from Darling. Basically cuts are too fast and we need growth. That means throw more debt at a debt ridden crisis and no actual detail on how to improve growth.

And where was the interview with Osborn, or a Tory minister for balance?

And the BEEB managed to get a plug for his book. We pay for the Labour advertising agency.

Darling went on to highlight all the other economies collapsing, as if it's all ok because we're all in the p o o together.

This mad Trotskyite has no idea what to do in reality, but would stay in power if allowed to, and just continue the destruction.

The BBC is a disgrace.

Listened to the radio this morning- phone in about the Scottish Conservative Party's plan to wind up and replace itself with some new idea. The two people the Beeb wheeled out for a balanced discussion was someone who was allowed a more or less unchecked rant about Thatcher etc, which included the statement 'you would need to drive a stake through my heart before I would vote Tory', and he was followed by a Conservative Party asslicking lacky.

Balance, BBC style. Even when they try and get it right they still screw it up, as if taking views from either extreme makes a 'reasoned debate'. It's just embarrasing, and explains why my contact with the Beeb's outlets is declining rapidly.

All rather pointless really.

Quite what a has-been like Darling had to offer apart from an opportunity to plug his book was beyond me.

The program just reiterated what is already known about the western financial system teetering on the verge of collapse. Every one knows that the Titanic has hit an iceberg and is sinking fast but the only solutions on offer appear to be chopping up the lifeboats and using them to fuel the ship for a couple more miles before it finally disappears beneath the waves.

All rather pointless really.

Quite what a has-been like Darling had to offer apart from an opportunity to plug his book was beyond me.

The program just reiterated what is already known about the western financial system teetering on the verge of collapse. Every one knows that the Titanic has hit an iceberg and is sinking fast but the only solutions on offer appear to be chopping up the lifeboats and using them to fuel the ship for a couple more miles before it finally disappears beneath the waves.

That is brilliant! :lol:

The nasty man made him do it.

Much like HousePriceCrash isn't all about houses... the system has many facets and 'financial' is only one part.

I've just got back from a shop in Tesco and i'm seeing hyperinflation on alot of the basic ranges, some products up 300% this year alone, meats up 20-25%

On my way out there were two DHL guys salivating over an iPad put out on a cra*py FSDU. We HPCer's see the bigger picture, not everyone does mind.

The big reset will cause a lot of grief and I don't even think the puppets of the New World Order will come out smelling of roses as they hadn't thought there big millennia plan through properly.

Darling's continuous statements that labour would have managed to halve the deficit, and Paxmans acceptance of that as an end goal got to me after a while.

Labour are irrelevant and nobody believes them outside their core vote

Usual c r a p from Darling. Basically cuts are too fast and we need growth.

Is this the same Captain Darling that said:

Alistair Darling: we will cut deeper than Margaret Thatcher

Thinktank warns of 'two parliaments of pain' with spending slashed by 25% to repair black hole in finances

Oh and growth? That's easy. Just flick the switch from "Recession" to "Growth". Job done. :rolleyes:

Clearly we need wet pants Darling in No. 11 as Osborne can't find the switch unaided.

Darling's continuous statements that labour would have managed to halve the deficit....

Being so gifted in economics, you wonder how the labour party managed to preside over the boom & bust that put us where we are.

Darling's continuous statements that labour would have managed to halve the deficit, and Paxmans acceptance of that as an end goal got to me after a while.

Just watched him on Marr (iPlayer) where he repeated his mantra about growth and spending.

Once again unquestioning acceptance of this viewpoint and no one politely pointing out to the silly old buffer, that errr we had tried that and it wasn't working and also errr.... look at Greece.

Anyone would think we were governed by a bunch of classical economists running huge budget surpluses while the economy burned and people starved on the streets. huh.gif

I see he's still peddling the idea that they had growth after the credit crunch, despite having to borrow hundreds of billions to achieve it.. I think I'll take out a large loan and call myself a millionaire..

It's frustrating interviewers don't take him to task over it

Edited by exiges