House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
inflating

Franchised Branches Of Bairstow Eves Sold

Why just the franchises (90 offices) ?

http://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/news_features/NEWS-FLASH%3A-Countrywide-sells-Bairstow-Eves-business-to-Hunters

Countrywide has had a franchise estate agency operation since 2000 but said it decided to sell the business in order to focus on its owned operations.

Fair few franchise owners there in Comments, not all are over the moon

http://www.estateage...ness-to-Hunters

Countrywide has had a franchise estate agency operation since 2000 but said it decided to sell the business in order to focus on its owned operations.

Profitably of "owned" operations would be much higher than "franchised" pre 2007 (that is why they were franchised), so my guess would be that many franchised may no longer be viable on a low number of transactions we now have. How many franchisee care saying we can no longer afford to may the franchise fees.

Don't know what Hunters were thinking - unless they were paid to take them on?

In several London areas BE seemed to be at the lower end of the market and I suspect the more prestigous EAs in those areas have moved down to lower quality homes to keep sales volumes up.

In several London areas BE seemed to be at the lower end of the market and I suspect the more prestigous EAs in those areas have moved down to lower quality homes to keep sales volumes up.

What I can say of BE from memory, they seemed to sometimes price more realistically compared to rivals? They sold a few of my former homes in distant past when other agents failed, tbh

another great comment from looking for a new job.com

'As far as I know Hunters have a worse reputation than Bairstow Eves. '

:)

Can't recall knowing of Hunters at all previously

http://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/news_features/NEWS-FLASH%3A-Countrywide-sells-Bairstow-Eves-business-to-Hunters

Comments sounded like they didn't help franchisees at all!

Probably just need the cash, like many right now.