House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Replacement V5 Logbook

I don't know if anyone knows, but I bought an old J-plate (which makes as being registered between '91 & '92) motorbike about three years ago without the V5...Finally got round to getting a new one recently, however, I've just noticed that they've got the registered date at '98...How can this be?

A vehicle can have an older registration than it's actual year of first registration, but not a newer one. Is the J-plater something like a private plate - eg. J8KER? It might be that to the previous owner the J-plate registration had some meaning and he paid to put that plate on it.

A vehicle can have an older registration than it's actual year of first registration, but not a newer one. Is the J-plater something like a private plate - eg. J8KER? It might be that to the previous owner the J-plate registration had some meaning and he paid to put that plate on it.

I've just rung up the DVLA...apparently the bike was manufactured in December 1992, making it a K Plate in theory...I have no idea what they've done...It looks it as if I'm going to have to get the local DVLA investigating into it...

I've just rung up the DVLA...apparently the bike was manufactured in December 1992, making it a K Plate in theory...I have no idea what they've done...It looks it as if I'm going to have to get the local DVLA investigating into it...

grey import?