House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
skomer

What Will The German Judges Decide This Week?

This topic seems to excite all the economic commentators at the moment and looks to be the big news story this week.

As i dont really have an in depth knowledge about the German constitution arrangement i'm a bit unsure whether this will be make-or-break but AEP and others seem to be having wet-dreams about it. Does anyone here know?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/8740389/German-endgame-for-EMU-draws-ever-nearer.html

It's going to be an interesting decision, to be honest I have no idea which way it will go clearly the current German govt will be putting all sorts of pressure to get the bailout legally approved.

I think the decision will be on a knife's edge and certainly any judgement in favour will be well worth a read.

A decision by the judges to reject the legality of the bailout and it will be interesting watching the politicians panic and slag off the judges.

Edited by interestrateripoff

just read that article.

I would say, not a chance of a negative judgement, so basically another none story.

Further on in the article, it talks about when the people have had enough etc. but will the people ever be given a say.

just read that article.

I would say, not a chance of a negative judgement, so basically another none story.

Further on in the article, it talks about when the people have had enough etc. but will the people ever be given a say.

Commentary I read suggests the bailout will not exactly be declared illegal but there will be a need for more consultation in future.

This would be quite a significant decision, because the Eurocrats want to do as they please with funds - skipping the Bundestag and some other countries' parliaments too - hence Merkel's support for 'expanded powers' of bailout funds.

The people are having a say: Merkel's party got a kicking in Pomerania and the same is expected in Berlin this week. I think the outcome will be interesting . . . a complete stitch-up won't go down a storm in Germany at this time.

I'm pretty disallusioned with all western judicial decisions, so will assume they won't actually look at what the law is, but will make a political decision backed up with spurious legal activism.