House Price Crash Forum

Christine Lagarde Suggests England Play In A 4-3-3 Formation

jaspers

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

She also suggested that if Lehman Brothers had been called Lehman Sisters the whole debacle would have been avoided.

A view backed by British neuroscientists John Coates and Joe Herbert, who conclude that Testosterone was to blame for the bankers risk taking.

"The dominance by men does not exist because of the inherently masculine nature of finance. Rather, the masculine nature of finance exists because of its dominance by men."

HOLA444

She didn't of cause, but this has as much relevance as suggesting she's recommended intergenerational mortgages....

Well done - good post. Sad to see that other thread going into Chinese whispers so quickly. People who reply without questioning bring this forum into disrepute!

HOLA445
HOLA446

4-3-3

I wouldn't be surpised. She probably completely forgot about the 11th man, the one at the back.

Or did she. Maybe she doesn't give a naff about the last one. After all he'll have to pick up the cr@p when all the other ten players have screwed it up.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Wasn't that Harridan Harm-man?

That's sounds right actually......I heard it on Big Ears breakfast show on the BBC

HOLA449

Well done - good post. Sad to see that other thread going into Chinese whispers so quickly. People who reply without questioning bring this forum into disrepute!

Disrepute? How dramatic. :)

My father in law is more than 70 and got a 100% IO mortgage in France a year ago. Can you put your fears of disrepute aside and tell me what this is if not an intergenerational mortgage?

HOLA4410

My father in law is more than 70 and got a 100% IO mortgage in France a year ago. Can you put your fears of disrepute aside and tell me what this is if not an intergenerational mortgage?

Mortgage denominated in euros?

A mayfly would barely have enough time to pass a euro debt along to the next generation.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I suggest you highlight to them its not so bad, there is always reincarnation

:D

Lending to someone who's been retired for nearly 10 years. You're talking about the generation of French taxpayers who will have to bail out the banks aren't you?

The intergenerational link is done via inheritance. If the children want the house or any of the parents' other assets they have to take on that particular debt. Nice.

HOLA4414

As a newcomer trying to get up to speed with the various discussions I was a little confused about what other thread you meant, I hope no one minds if I link to the other discussion for reference purposes. I hope this is the right one.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=168776&st=0

HOLA4415

:D

Lending to someone who's been retired for nearly 10 years. You're talking about the generation of French taxpayers who will have to bail out the banks aren't you?

The intergenerational link is done via inheritance. If the children want the house or any of the parents' other assets they have to take on that particular debt. Nice.

Don't forget 'Le massif SMI'

HOLA4416

Well things are getting really sad on the French Banks and British middle-aged men who love Christine Lagarde threads

Even to the point that we have to make-up storys

A French Bank will never lend a 100% mortgage to a 70 year old retired person

It does not work like that in France and never has

Ah les experts this thread is a gossip thread

I heard that Christine said that pigs will fly so it must be true

At least on here it would be taken for the truth

No the wonder main stream media Tv ,radio and newspapers will always be the main source of information

Gossip forums like this are not to be taken for real at least when we are now making up rubbish stories like this

HOLA4417

Well things are getting really sad on the French Banks and British middle-aged men who love Christine Lagarde threads

Even to the point that we have to make-up storys

A French Bank will never lend a 100% mortgage to a 70 year old retired person

It does not work like that in France and never has

bla bla bla

You know, I don't think this is necessary.

Unlike you I may not live in France but it is just about possible I am much more informed about these things than you are. There is no need to call me a liar.

Your response, and the associated aggressiveness, are rather typical of people living in France in my experience. They are all BTLers or second home owners individually but will defend the idea that only irresponsible Brits and Americans overstretch themselves nationally. The bankers will denounce the 'anglosaxon' irresponsibility and will then promptly offer you a 115% mortgage after having spent an hour trying to sell you a conservative mom and pop euro investment filled with derivatives based on the Dow Jones index. Average French people will of course be convinced you are a liar because no such things can happen in France.

Now stay uninformed if you like. But if someone comes up with facts you don't like because they go against your deeply ingrained prejudices and the local groupthink, refrain from shooting the messenger why don't you?

Edit to add: Just to make sure redwine's ignorance doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on this one: the reason people borrow 100% IO in France is because the French government allows interest expenses to be offset against any income tax on new builds, including wages income tax. It makes the mortgage basically free for any income tax payer and then don't even need to rent the property.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

You know, I don't think this is necessary.

Unlike you I may not live in France but it is just about possible I am much more informed about these things than you are. There is no need to call me a liar.

No you know nothing about French Banks you just talk utter rubbish about Soc Gen etc

A fisher-man in Chile knows more about the French Banks than you do

You do not live here

You do not speak French

You know nothing

Post your so called serious French Banking news on Viz comic because thats the best place for you

HOLA4420

No you know nothing about French Banks you just talk utter rubbish about Soc Gen etc

A fisher-man in Chile knows more about the French Banks than you do

You do not live here

I am a client of some of those French banks. Aside from the father in law anecdote these are first hand experiences you silly. I don't have to live in France to have business interests there.

You do not speak French

I remember a similarly pedantic post from you with very creatively spelled French words (do you remember 'problemè' ...?). I suggest you learn to spell in French before you make assumptions and lecture me about my language skills.

You know nothing

Oh boy... My guess is you've had one drink too many.:D

Archived