House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Truants’ Parents May Lose Child Benefits As Unemployed Are Told To Sign On Twice As Often

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2033477/Truants-parents-lose-child-benefits-unemployed-told-sign-twice-often.html

Plans to withdraw child-benefit payments to parents of youngsters who play truant from school are being considered by the Government.

And the unemployed are set to be forced to sign on twice as often – or have their dole cut.

The radical moves are signalled by David Cameron in an article in today’s Mail on Sunday in which he vows to smash ‘old taboos and sensitivities’ to tackle the ‘hard-core minority of families’ who wreak havoc in towns and cities.

One Tory MP said: ‘No child is going to starve if their parent loses child benefit but it will teach the parents a lesson and give them a real incentive to send their child back to school.’ The penalty would also be simple to impose. Child benefit can be stopped to an individual at the click of a computer mouse in the welfare office.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2033477/Truants-parents-lose-child-benefits-unemployed-told-sign-twice-often.html#ixzz1WvciHGH4

Great can't wait for him to go after the tax avoiding rich.

Sorry what was that, we are only going after those at the bottom.....

I suppose we have to fund the banker bailout somehow.

I never understand why people who's kids cannot stand school and in many ways who could blame them (the kids that is) don't just de register them, one simple letter and you'd never here from the LEA again nevermind be prosecuted.

Friends of oours took their daughter out of school, wanted support from the LEA in home educating her and couldn't get them to come around and check her progress for love nor money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2033477/Truants-parents-lose-child-benefits-unemployed-told-sign-twice-often.html

Great can't wait for him to go after the tax avoiding rich.

Sorry what was that, we are only going after those at the bottom.....

I suppose we have to fund the banker bailout somehow.

Fantastic you only get about £ 65 per week in JSA if you are unemployed and now you will have to fritter even more of it away on travel costs so you can make pointless visits to the Job Centre.

Is this the sum total of what Cameron has got to offer to fix the UK economic woes

Home education bubble!

This could be a plot to improve teaching standards and cut the number of teachers!

Well lets face it you couldn't do a worse job than state education.

One of mine has inisted on going back into it to be with her friends, my work load will now treble as we attempt to undo the ******** and proganda they are fed not to mention the damage to the self esteem.

Fantastic you only get about £ 65 per week in JSA if you are unemployed and now you will have to fritter even more of it away on travel costs so you can make pointless visits to the Job Centre.

Is this the sum total of what Cameron has got to offer to fix the UK economic woes

Yes

The man is a complete and utter moron .

Picking on those at the bottom is all he is up for , Oh and doing U turns . The child benefit has first been cut for those on 40% tax others who could have a higher household income are still getting it . Now this, how long will it be slowley slowley before more and more people lose this vital benefit ?

I was speaking to a 70 year old the other day who has always voted Tory she said what a pr-ck he was and that she would never vote Tory again if he is still at the helm.

Q - What is a growing knob, but not an erection?

A - Cameron.

Same ol', same ol'.

Well lets face it you couldn't do a worse job than state education.

One of mine has inisted on going back into it to be with her friends, my work load will now treble as we attempt to undo the ******** and proganda they are fed not to mention the damage to the self esteem.

Well maybe if you let her know that your the parent and will insist and chose which school she attends you will be strong enough to keep her out of it. Which system taught her how to dictate the policy to her parent's.

Well maybe if you let her know that your the parent and will insist and chose which school she attends you will be strong enough to keep her out of it. Which system taught her how to dictate the policy to her parent's.

You're not wrong but at her age friends are important so I'll lose a battle to win the war IYSWIM

You're not wrong but at her age friends are important so I'll lose a battle to win the war IYSWIM

Not if the state education is as bad as you say .

Not if the state education is as bad as you say .

She can always come out again if it is as bad as I fear it will be primary was pretty shit and you can't imagine there's much involved in teaching reading, spelling and basic maths can you ?

But if it's her decision to come out i'm still the good guy and that's important in keeping the lines of communication open, trust me i've seen over controlling parents stuff up as badly as those who don't care.

Child benefit can be stopped to an individual at the click of a computer mouse in the welfare office.

Shows how clueless these people are. Child Benefit is paid by HMRC (rebranded Child Tax Allowance).

Child Benefit:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/

And will East European immigrants who claim for children back home face the same sanction?

So seeing as the dole officers are always complaining about how over worked they are then doleys signing on twice as regularly will mean more dole officers and/or a lot more overtime.

So add another coach to the public sector gravy train.

What's supposedly saved through dole payments will then be lost through extra dole office staffing costs.

It's not exactly the sort of job creation he promised but there you are. If he'd kept his promises there would be half as many people having to turn up at the dole office rather than more and more having to attend twice as often.

I suppose it's one way to run a country.

Yes

The man is a complete and utter moron .

Picking on those at the bottom is all he is up for , Oh and doing U turns . The child benefit has first been cut for those on 40% tax others who could have a higher household income are still getting it . Now this, how long will it be slowley slowley before more and more people lose this vital benefit ?

I was speaking to a 70 year old the other day who has always voted Tory she said what a pr-ck he was and that she would never vote Tory again if he is still at the helm.

The wealth divide continues unabated, although under the Cameron Regime it seems to be accelerating quite nicely.

So while this pompous pr1ck wastes money we don't have liberating other countries our own people are left spiralling into the abyss. What a guy!

No wonder his kangaroo courts came down so hard on the rioters, he knows all too well that if he keeps pushing it will be kicking off in every town & city across the land. Fear of being punished severely only works up to the point people feel they have little or nothing left to lose.

So seeing as the dole officers are always complaining about how over worked they are then doleys signing on twice as regularly will mean more dole officers and/or a lot more overtime.

What's supposedly saved through dole payments will then be lost through extra dole office staffing costs.

It's not exactly the sort of job creation he promised but there you are. If he'd kept his promises there would be half as many people having to turn up at the dole office rather than more and more having to attend twice as often.

I suppose it's one way to run a country.

Yes that was the first thing I thought about as soon as I heard that the unemployed will have to sign on more often.

However although Call me Dave has announced this he probabley has not thought about that , don't expect joined up thinking from the tw-t .

When and if someone explains this to him we will be seeing another U turn.

Indeed; the cost of running the JobCentres [1]* is already not far short of the total paid out in Jobseeker's Allowance [2].

Phase them out, get rid of the wasteful bureaucracy, and replace most income-replacement benefits, Tax Credits, and personal tax allowances with a simple Citizens Income.

1. 'Jobcentre Plus Annual Report and Accounts 2010-11':

http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/hc1012/hc11/1165/1165.pdf

Results for the year

The Statement of Comprehensive Net Expenditure shows the net operating cost of Jobcentre Plus.

The net operating cost amounted to £3,565.7m (2009-10 restated: £3,741.6m). Capital expenditure for the year, full details of which are given in Notes to the Accounts 7 and 8, amounted to £58.1m (2009-10: £46.2m).

2. 'Working-age ‘welfare’: who gets it, why, and what it costs':

http://www.jrf.org.uk/sites/files/jrf/working-age-welfare-summary.pdf

Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) : Projected expenditure 2010/11 : [£4.6bn].

* This running cost doesn't include the cost to claimants in getting to and from the JobCentre, etc..

It will only backfire as they will need more Jobcentre staff to cope.

Well, I think this proposal is quite sensible.

As usual, the Pinkos amongst us are having a left fest.

I don't want my tax pounds being squandered on truants and chavs.

So you think everyone who loses their job is a chav ?

Where I used to live the job centre was about 15 miles away.

There was 1 bus every 3 hours costing about £4.50 return so a round trip could potentially take 6 hours

A taxi would cost £15 each way - do that twice a week and all your JSA is gone

A car journey would cost about £5 in petrol and parking - but not everyone has a car

I don't think making people sign on in person is unreasonable but making people spend all their money on getting there seems pointless.

You are but a P45 from being a chav yourself.

I don't want my tax dollar used to prop up crony capitalists, Sir Phillip Scumbag, Vodascum and a load of bankrupt banks.

Not a Pinko either. Always voted Tory. Never again, that was a "con" too! laugh.gif

So you think everyone who loses their job is a chav ?

Of course not.

Everyone who doesn't work and doesn't ensure their kids go to school is probably a chav though... :rolleyes:

Of course not.

Everyone who doesn't work and doesn't ensure their kids go to school is probably a chav though... :rolleyes:

The proposals are not related as far as I can see..

Getting kids to attend school is one thing. Forcing those unfortunate to have lost their jobs because of the economic crisis to turn up twice as often at the Job Centre to find there is no work is quite another. It is just punishing the unemployed for being unemployed. Of course, the real reason is to discourage those without work from signing on so the government can massage the unemployment figures and disguise the fact that the economy is going nowhere and that they dont have a clue how to fix it .

The proposals are not related as far as I can see..

Getting kids to attend school is one thing. Forcing those unfortunate to have lost their jobs because of the economic crisis to turn up twice as often at the Job Centre to find there is no work is quite another. It is just punishing the unemployed for being unemployed. Of course, the real reason is to discourage those without work from signing on so the government can massage the unemployment figures and disguise the fact that the economy is going nowhere and that they dont have a clue how to fix it .

Aah OK. I agree actually that this doesn't seem like a good idea. Not for the leftie "let them do whatever they want and the rich should pay" reasons but because a tougher process every two weeks rather than weekly sessions might be the way to go.