House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbird 900

Red Or Black

Just watched some sort of Saturday night entertainment on ITV called red or black.

Wot a load of CRAP!

It all revolves it seems on a process of elimination of whether the gormless contestants choose red or black....Errr That's it!

Throw in the two pygmy Geordie presenters, the personal stories of how one million pounds will change the winner and you have a show.

The idiot audience whoops and cheers whatever colour is chosen.

This is "entertainment" that has gone below scaping the barrel. It is pure moronic rubbish for the masses.

Anyone else waste their lives away watching this?

Yes I watched 20 minutes of it last night and I genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing. "You've chosen red, you need it to be red..."

You can sum up just how far Britain has fallen, when prime-time Saturday entertainment is a show that is nothing more than a glorified coin toss.

I had my usual rant about it and to my surprise, Mrs Hedge actually agreed with me.

It seems I'm not the only one who thought this show was absolute rubbish.

Some other viewers comments...

A million quid is pocket change for the gurning, overpaid two-headed monster called Ant and Dec - how they must be laughing up their sleeves at the desperate punters queueing up to win the equivalent of their wardrobe allowance!

An entire 'gameshow' based around simple probability with absolutely no skill required. Completely mind numbing, and possibly one of the dullest programs I have ever watched! Why were some contestants sobbing over losing something totally random. Give me a break!

What a total load of rubbish!

Worst TV show ever watched. Contrived and awful! The less of Syco the better. Britain cant get any more dumbed down. Then again you cant be surpried NOTW was the best selling paper in the UK.

I live in fear of Ant's forehead taking over the universe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2033454/It-expensive-week-First-millionaire-action-packed-Red-Or-Black.html

All the other hand I think the show pointless is rather good . Smart idea and you really have to think of something very good to win the money.

Likewise my 7-year-old. I'm hoping he'll have grown out of it by next year!

Mine wanted to stay up and find out who "wins", I'd had enough of watching crap TV for the evening so they went to bed after the crap factor. As a responsible father it was the right thing to do.

But I found the whole crying bit too much, especially the "I've made friends bit". Although clearly if you want your 5 minutes of fame this is what you need to do.

Although it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the guy who made the deal to share it had won sorry got lucky.

Really poor tv.

Lots of stupid people guessing red or black. One might get £1m quid, Simon Cowell gets even richer.

Can't see it lasting. I know we've dumbed down a lot, but I have enough faith left in the UK population that they won't stand for that!

but I have enough faith left in the UK population

I used to think like that. About 10 years ago.

I predict this show will run and run.

Cowell is incredibly smart...basically propping up ITV with moronic television..You'll see R&B dredging up all his SYCO acts...You've got to hand it to him. I personally can't see the Shite Factor lasting forever...unfortunately, people can't see it its total cobblers...how many winners have actually lasted...oh, I forgot, its about the "journey"...

Cowell is incredibly smart...basically propping up ITV with moronic television..You'll see R&B dredging up all his SYCO acts...You've got to hand it to him. I personally can't see the Shite Factor lasting forever...unfortunately, people can't see it its total cobblers...how many winners have actually lasted...oh, I forgot, its about the "journey"...

At least with XFactor there's some kind of pretence of talent. Some of them can be good.

But with this new thing, they're trying to include all the same kind of "journey" shite and pretend they're clever to pick one of two random colours. It just doesn't work at all. Can't believe anyone except the very young can fall for that tripe.

there is nothing smart about it...it's highly dangerous.

audiovisual prozac.

your kids are being subjected to this onslaught of monotony.......they will end up seriously ill.

...do them a favour and enrol them in scouts/air cadets or something useful....

it will get them away from this garbage and they might learn a few skills which might come in handy.

Just watched some sort of Saturday night entertainment on ITV called red or black.

Wot a load of CRAP!

It is pure moronic rubbish for the masses.

Anyone else waste their lives away watching this?

I havent watched live TV (except for the odd bit of news and weather) for about 2 years now. There's maybe half a dozen shows a year I put on record on the PVR,* anything else I watch now is on DVD.

*And two of those have been such a disappointment I've considered giving up on them (Shadow Line and Torchwood).

It is pure moronic rubbish for the masses.

This increasingly seems to be the way it is going. I only do the TV thing now for the kids. Cant see myself bothering five years or so from now.

I used to think like that. About 10 years ago.

I predict this show will run and run.

I'm looking forward to Celebrity Red and Black...

I opened this thread hoping it was about ladies underwear

:(

dg6187-1.jpg

OR

beautynight-michellebasque.jpg

I have just turned over to this pish. That blonde burd looks filthy though.What a shite excuse for a game show.

I always thought that game shows / TV competitions had to involve some form of skill and judgement? Hence why even the phone in comps on daytime TV have 3 questions, with one being the obvious answer (primarily I assume to maximise call /text entrance revenue), and they also needed to provide a 'free' entry - usually web based ("Enter for free at ITV.COM"), but I noticed a day or so ago they were going back to 'entries on a postcard', as that actually involves the lardy chav arses to get out the sofa.

This nothing of show, plus Deal or No Deal fundamentally, are nothing other than an outright gamble. Have the rules changed?