House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chest Rockwell

Ea Posts His Business Card Through The Folk's Letterbox

I'm sure it was an EA from Phips and Pritchard in Kidderminster! Hand written message on the other side of the business card was "please contact me re: marketing of your house"???

Of course, the old dear's response to me was "they must be deseperate to find homes to sell"...doh! I mentioned to her that it was an attempt to put across the lie that the market is "A OK", everything is fine and folk are desperate to buy houses again! When in reality the hope is that they (the EA) can persuade folk to sell in the hope that they'll then buy the current overpriced shite currently on the EA's books i.e. chain creation!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I get the same thing weekly. Thing is, when a house goes for sale here it sells in about 7 days, and for asking or very near. They do.

If they are in a good area that is 'desirable', then the advert is genuine, so the effort to get business is vaild. I've had 2 in my letterbox in the last 3-4 days.

Edited by pie-eater

I'm sure it was an EA from Phips and Pritchard in Kidderminster! Hand written message on the other side of the business card was "please contact me re: marketing of your house"???

In other areas, it's considered standard practice to bluff that you want to buy when you want to sell and vice-versa. I've received around a dozen letters in the post from agents saying that there's lots of demand for property in my area... at preposterous prices. It's quite amusing as I know that in my block of 4, at least two would sell if the price was right - and one's been actively marketed all year for much less than the letters promise. The idea is to try to sell additional homes to existing home owners - as, at least, they've the equity in their existing house to secure a big mortgage. Pretty obvious as a tactic, really... some old codgers will be taken for a ride... but I don't expect it to re-start the market - LOL!