House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ONLYBONE

Proof Final

There is a vast load of VI bull about affordability which needs to be disproved once and for all. A useful calculation would be to look at an average house, say 3-4 bed type barratt home and compare the cost of buying this house say 30 years ago (100% mortgage) , and take account of all the interest & capital payments & sale price now, effects of inflation and look at the net real profit today if it is sold. Then compare this to someone buying the same house today, factor in an assumed interest rate, inflation rate, HPI rate and look at the possible profit in 30 years time. I am sure someone with all these facts could do a great excel spreadsheet showing the impact of changes in interest rates, HPI and inflation. I bet the profit figure if you were to buy now would be significantly less than the baby boomers. Has anyone seen anything like this done?

If we could prove this argument it would clearly show what we all know that baby boomers are taking the pi$$!

Guest rigsby II
If we could prove this argument it would clearly show what we all know that baby boomers are taking the pi$$!

Dirty nasty horrible boomers, nasty stealing grabbing dirty nasty horrible baby boomers.

Nasty horrible stinking dirty horrible nasty robbing baby boomers.

It's all their fault goddamit, every single one of them.

Its their fault.

For everything.

There is a vast load of VI bull about affordability which needs to be disproved once and for all. A useful calculation would be to look at an average house, say 3-4 bed type barratt home and compare the cost of buying this house say 30 years ago (100% mortgage) , and take account of all the interest & capital payments & sale price now, effects of inflation and look at the net real profit today if it is sold. Then compare this to someone buying the same house today, factor in an assumed interest rate, inflation rate, HPI rate and look at the possible profit in 30 years time. I am sure someone with all these facts could do a great excel spreadsheet showing the impact of changes in interest rates, HPI and inflation. I bet the profit figure if you were to buy now would be significantly less than the baby boomers. Has anyone seen anything like this done?

So what is your FINAL SOLUTION to this section of the population?

Dirty nasty horrible boomers, nasty stealing grabbing dirty nasty horrible baby boomers.

Nasty horrible stinking dirty horrible nasty robbing baby boomers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My nan always makes me smile when she informs me, as she regularly does that it was difficult when she was young too! 'We had to stretch ourselves to buy our first home' she tells me. Then I have to point out that it isn't really the same as today as her first home was a 3-bed bungalow in a nice area of Berkshire, bought on just my grandfathers less than average earnings and I'd need to borrow 6X my well above average earnings to get a 1-bed flat.

Edited by munimula