House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Brown, The Baited Bear Who Won't Bite Back

Gordon Brown, The Baited Bear Who Won't Bite Back
Tony Blair likened working with Gordon Brown to "having dental treatment with no anaesthetic",

What`s Blair complaining about he still has a white set of choppers. :D

Oh how all Politicians turn to protect their reputations, the honest ones are lost in a desert and never make the

Oasis. ;)

I hope Darling slaughters the *******.

The most flawed human being ever to run a country.

Democracy or not.

oh I dunno .. Stalin may take that slot ...Mao , pol pot, adolf ...maybe brown hasn't been given his chance to shine (or shining ....Heeeerrrrsss Brownie)

All work and no play makes gordo a dull boy

All..................

Edited by Tankus

Democracy or not.

A tad exaggerated maybe, but certainly the worst to run a liberal democracy in quite some time. I can't help feeling that being attached by Darling is a bit like being savaged by a dead sheep though. It would be much better if him and Ed B*llocks fell out and then went for each others jugulars.

I guess most haven't felt the full force of his magic in relation to their retirement plans.

Being public sector employees for the most part, it's likely they haven't yet and, no doubt, they'll blame the coalition rather than the real culprits when they do.

...the problem is Darling, a Trotskyist as a student, can't surpise us about Brown the Clown...we know ....and he was in the same gang....one bad guy blaming another..... :rolleyes:

There is that one thing; Brown kept us out of the Euro- for that, at least, we must be grateful.

wouldn't agree to diluting his power base ....it was a pathological choice not an ideological one ...he is a paranoid control freak

A tad exaggerated maybe, but certainly the worst to run a liberal democracy in quite some time. I can't help feeling that being attached by Darling is a bit like being savaged by a dead sheep though. It would be much better if him and Ed B*llocks fell out and then went for each others jugulars.

A.D is a real loose cannon. He was the one who broke ranks originally (when they were all saying there was NO recession) and told everyone it would be the worst since the 30s.

Hopefully not a full on leather bear that hangs out at XXL in his chaps on a weekend? unsure.gif

I hope you're not suggesting that our manly ex-PM is gay and that his wife Sarah is also gay and that their loving marriage is nothing more than a convenient sham for the purpose of hoodwinking the electorate.

I do hope that's not what you're implying.

Democracy or not.

What democracy?

He never won an election in the capacity of PM.

He didnt even face an internal election thing like when major replaced Thatcher.

Stalinist to the core. Odious tin pot dictator that he was.

Shurely Shome Mistake?...

I've been going out with a girl

Her name is Julie

But last night she said to me

when we were watching telly

(this is what she said)

She said listen John I love you

But there's this bloke I fancy

I dont want to two time you

So its the end for you and me

Who's this bloke I asked her

goooooordon she replied

Not THAT poof I said in dismay :lol:

yes but he's no poof she cried - he's more a man than you'll ever be

Here we go, two three four

I was so upset that I cried all the way to the chip shop

When I came out there was Gordon standing at the bus stop

And guess who was with him

Yeah Julie- and they were both laughing at me

oh, she is cruel and heartless

to pack me for Gordan

Just cos he's better looking than me

just cos he's cool and trendy

but I know hes a moron, Gordon is a moron :lol:

Gordon is a moron, gordon is a moron :lol::lol:

Edited by Thunderbird 900

I expect that'll happen when Balls judges it politically expedient.

Oh, and blame where blame is due: The Liar who got out in time was the truly vile one. Even if Brown was once sane and intelligent, all those years serving under the terror would turn him mad.

Lest we forget....Badger Darling, the Chancelloer who played it straight was just as corrupt as the rest of the thieving parasites in Westminster...

How can Alistair Darling declare war on tax evasion when he's guilty of evading tax himself?

Read more...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1189087/EDWARD-HEATHCOAT-AMORY-How-Alistair-Darling-declare-war-tax-evasion-hes-guilty-evading-tax-himself.html

During his Budget speech, the Chancellor of the Exchequer declared: 'It cannot be fair that those who should pay tax are allowed to avoid it.'

Accordingly, he announced a major crackdown on tax evasion, including an internet site on which the details of 'deliberate tax defaulters' would be published.

Luckily for Alistair Darling, the scheme won't be up and running until well into next year, otherwise he could have inaugurated his own website, as the first tax dodger to be named and shamed.

Of all the disgraceful revelations over the past few weeks, perhaps the most disturbing was the discovery that the moral and upright Chancellor of the Exchequer, the man who has talked about the need to abide not only by the letter but also the spirit of tax legislation, has been playing every dodgy trick in the book to avoid paying a penny of it himself.

We may have thought he was bad at his job and exceptionally dull, but at least we assumed he was straight. Now, he's revealed as having billed the taxpayer for £1,400 to pay an accountant to advise him on how to keep his microscopic tax bill even smaller.

All of which begs the question of why any of the rest of us should part with a penny of the rising tax take being demanded by a man who doesn't pay his own fair share.

The saga of Mr Darling's tax avoidance was revealed because his expenses claims showed that he'd 'flipped' his designated second home - the one on which he could claim running costs from the taxpayer - four times in four years.

Back in 2004, when he was Secretary of State for Transport, Mr Darling claimed that his main residence was a small flat in Lambeth, owned by Lewis Moonie, a fellow Labour MP. Mr Moonie - and here's another example of the tiny world of Scottish MPs - had bought the flat from Gordon Brown.But for Mr Darling, designating this flat as his main residence - despite the fact that his wife and children lived in Scotland - allowed him to bill taxpayers for the upkeep of his much larger Edinburgh house, bought for £570,000 in 1998 and now worth £1.1million. Harry Potter author and multi-millionairess JK Rowling lives in the same exclusive street and is a friend.

After the 2005 General Election, however, Mr Darling, perhaps impressed by the way in which London property prices were soaring, decided to purchase his own flat in the capital.

But of course, buying a property is a costly business. So he told the ever so compliant Commons Fees Office that his second home was now going to be in London, and bought a flat near the Oval cricket ground for £226,000.

Stamp duty on the purchase - a tax which has soared under Labour, hitting many ordinary families extremely hard when they try to move house - was picked up by the taxpayer, saving the prudent Mr Darling £2,260.

He also claimed a total of £9,500 for furnishing the flat, including a £768 bed from Marks & Spencer, and a 'magnolia' carpet costing £2,339. While the flat was being renovated - at our expense - he even claimed a hotel bill on the grounds that he was 'between second homes'.

All this money was well invested, because Mr Darling didn't live in the flat for long. In 2007, when he was appointed Chancellor, he went to live in the grace and favour flat above No 10 Downing Street (the Browns live above the Chancellor's office in No11 because it's a larger apartment).

At that point, he rented out the flat that had just been furnished at the taxpayer's expense. And - and this was really taking the mickey - he obtained taxpayer-funded advice from an accountant on 'the treatment of rental expenses against income'. In other words, how to minimise his tax bill on the flat.

The icing on the cake for ordinary taxpayers is that they aren't allowed, under the tax rules for which Mr Darling is responsible, to charge tax advice as a business expense.

Meanwhile, the ever flexible Mr Darling had changed his 'second home' back to Edinburgh, where his family were still living, and as he said in an interview: 'Our home is Edinburgh. I love Edinburgh - I've lived here for 36 years.'

This fourth acrobatic fiscal flip allowed Mr Darling to claim the council tax bill and mortgage costs on his Edinburgh home on expenses - billing the taxpayer £1,200 a month - so it's no problem for him that council tax bills in Britain have more than doubled in real terms under Labour.

In the past few weeks, the Prime Minister has suddenly 'discovered' that it is unacceptable that ministers with grace and favour accommodation should be allowed to cheat the system in this way, and Mr Darling's second home scams have finally been brought to an end. But it's easy to see why he claimed last year that 'for ten years, as a minister, by and large, I had a charmed life'.

This is the Best bit:

In his memoirs, published this week, Mr Darling claims that Gordon Brown was so misguided as prime minister that he was convinced the worst economic downturn in recent years would be over in six months."

Brown may have been hopeless, dysfunctional, deluded and incompetent but no one forced Darling to be his Chancellor. If he hated working for his fellow Scot so much and thought Brown was making a king sized lash up of the job of being PM why did he not resign at the time giving his reasons rather than waiting until now to publish a kiss and tell memoir letting us know how awful it was. To be honest it all rather smacks of pathetic and pointless post event justification plus an obvious desire to cash in now before the passing of time turns them both into historical footnotes.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

Shurely Shome Mistake?...

I've been going out with a girl

Her name is Julie

But last night she said to me

when we were watching telly

(this is what she said)

She said listen John I love you

But there's this bloke I fancy

I dont want to two time you

So its the end for you and me

Who's this bloke I asked her

goooooordon she replied

Not THAT poof I said in dismay :lol:

yes but he's no poof she cried - he's more a man than you'll ever be

Here we go, two three four

I was so upset that I cried all the way to the chip shop

When I came out there was Gordon standing at the bus stop

And guess who was with him

Yeah Julie- and they were both laughing at me

oh, she is cruel and heartless

to pack me for Gordan

Just cos he's better looking than me

just cos he's cool and trendy

but I know hes a moron, Gordon is a moron :lol:

Gordon is a moron, gordon is a moron :lol::lol:

Actually this is sheer Nostradamus ............

Mandy is Julie and the singer is Blair ...it all fits !!!!!!!!!!!

maybe 'ed butts is also a song about gordon..... in hair drier mode

"he was convinced the worst economic downturn in recent years would be over in six months"

This ladies and gentleman is the financial genius who "saved the world".

Britain faces worst year since 1930s

What an utter, utter plank!

Really shows you he had no grasp whatsoever of the true problem and its causes (could be fixed with a little more debt - 'an extra waaffer, sir?'). What do you expect from a history student (Labour history).

Spare me those damned career politicians. :(

Edited by tinker

From yesterday's FT. Britain must grow 4% in 8 months to avoid being the 'longest depression (starting from 1920) surpassing the Great Depression'.

MI2Fuse1.png

Mission Impossible