House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redcellar

Alien Invasion Thwarted

Space junk at tipping point, says report

Some computer models show the amount of orbital rubbish "has reached a tipping point, with enough currently in orbit to continually collide and create even more debris, raising the risk of spacecraft failures," the research council said in a statement on Thursday.

linky

So all this junk is going to stop us going into space. But surely it'll also stop alien invaders coming down to us too.

I feel safer.

The question is: Can't we just get the unemployed to become minimum wage refuse collectors in space? Give them a few weehlie bins and pick them up at the end of the week. Problem solved. [idea is undergoing patent protection, they seem to allow this in the USA. Come up with any idea and patent it].

linky

So all this junk is going to stop us going into space. But surely it'll also stop alien invaders coming down to us too.

I feel safer.

The question is: Can't we just get the unemployed to become minimum wage refuse collectors in space? Give them a few weehlie bins and pick them up at the end of the week. Problem solved. [idea is undergoing patent protection, they seem to allow this in the USA. Come up with any idea and patent it].

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but I suggest a more credible source, like the movie Independence Day.

The aliens have got shields, so they won't be bothered about the space junk.

I have made a careful study of what some aliens regard as 'Historical Documents', and have reached the conclusion that we are under no threat anyway, as most aliens can't shoot straight, and their evil plans are always poorly thought through and executed incompetently. Generally all it takes is a couple of square jawed human heroes with the Right Stuff, and it's game over, aliens.

I have made a careful study of what some aliens regard as 'Historical Documents', and have reached the conclusion that we are under no threat anyway, as most aliens can't shoot straight, and their evil plans are always poorly thought through and executed incompetently. Generally all it takes is a couple of square jawed human heroes Americans with the Right Stuff, and it's game over, aliens.

Edited for you.

I have made a careful study of what some aliens regard as 'Historical Documents', and have reached the conclusion that we are under no threat anyway, as most aliens can't shoot straight, and their evil plans are always poorly thought through and executed incompetently. Generally all it takes is a couple of square jawed human heroes with the Right Stuff, and it's game over, aliens.

True, but it always depends on some deus ex machina for success. I guess we need to build more machina.

Edited for you.

You forgot the cowardly evil brits. Have you noticed how we and Germans are always portrayed as the bad guys in American films.

And yes, I forgot about their shields. Now I am worried about invasion again. Thanks (sarcastically).

You forgot the cowardly evil brits. Have you noticed how we and Germans are always portrayed as the bad guys in American films.

And yes, I forgot about their shields. Now I am worried about invasion again. Thanks (sarcastically).

I think you've misunderstood the plot of independence day.

if we were the bad guys,then why do the UFO's first appear over the US,london and moscow?

...also,why is it,at the end when the yanks crack the code,do they relay messages to the brits in the wilderness(with a few arabs-saudi's actually),the russians and the chinese?

there's plenty of levels to this plot!...just decypher them properly..it's got nothing whatsoever to do with our cousins across the pond trying to dump us.(bad news is mr.nasty really does want to run the show from the uk as it looks "safe"...but we already know about that little incursion).

I have made a careful study of what some aliens regard as 'Historical Documents', and have reached the conclusion that we are under no threat anyway, as most aliens can't shoot straight, and their evil plans are always poorly thought through and executed incompetently. Generally all it takes is a couple of square jawed human heroes with the Right Stuff, and it's game over, aliens with British accents.

:P Well, they are the baddies eh