House Price Crash Forum
Nationalist

Andrew Sentance Still Blasting Away At Boe/mpc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14746328

"We should have acted before now... Inflation higher than in other countries... Too late to act now... Inflation itself is a pressure on growth... BOE has important role to maintain confidence... We had a lot of correspondence [not least from me!]... We could have mitigated inflation by raising rates... Inflation was above the target all the time I was on the MPC... BOE seems to have suspended inflation target... Bank's forecasts have not been accurate over the last few years... The majority on the [MPC] have been focusing too much on short-term growth... We should keep a lid on inflation..."

One last turn of the knife from Dr Sentance as a parting gift to his old friends on the MPC!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14746328

"We should have acted before now... Inflation higher than in other countries... Too late to act now... Inflation itself is a pressure on growth... BOE has important role to maintain confidence... We had a lot of correspondence [not least from me!]... We could have mitigated inflation by raising rates... Inflation was above the target all the time I was on the MPC... BOE seems to have suspended inflation target... Bank's forecasts have not been accurate over the last few years... The majority on the [MPC] have been focusing too much on short-term growth... We should keep a lid on inflation..."

One last turn of the knife from Dr Sentance as a parting gift to his old friends on the MPC!

Well it's fooled you, that's for sure.

:lol:

It is interesting that Osborne has chosen to keep McBusts ridiculous structures in place.

They say one thing in opposition, another in power, always has been like that - remember Cameron spoke negatively about QE and inflation in '09, here we are in 2011 and what do we have...

They say one thing in opposition, another in power, always has been like that - remember Cameron spoke negatively about QE and inflation in '09, here we are in 2011 and what do we have...

Don't they just, just a pack of lies and false promises.

"Mr Cameron told Jeff Randall Live on Sky News: "I think that we need to

look at the behaviour of banks and bankers and, where people have

behaved inappropriately, that needs to be identified and if anyone has

behaved criminally, in my view, there is a role for the criminal law and

I don't understand why is this country the regulatory authorities seem

to be doing so little to investigate it, whereas in America they're

doing quite a lot."

Where is the link to your blog, it was always a good read?

The moderators told me to remove the link to my blog from my signature. It was too "political" for their liking. Although I'm guessing if I'd been a Lib Dem they wouldn't have taken offence.

My blog is still there: http://britishnationalist.blogspot.com/

Also accessible via my profile.

The moderators told me to remove the link to my blog from my signature. It was too "political" for their liking. Although I'm guessing if I'd been a Lib Dem they wouldn't have taken offence.

My blog is still there: http://britishnationalist.blogspot.com/

Also accessible via my profile.

Even as a libertarian, I love your posts, contributions, and blog. :) I didnt realise these forums were politically censorious. :o (but you'll be fine with that presumably ;) }

Even as a libertarian, I love your posts, contributions, and blog. :) I didnt realise these forums were politically censorious. :o (but you'll be fine with that presumably ;) }

Au contraire, I believe in open debate - all opinions may be expressed. However I am sympathetic to the owners of this website wanting to keep it politically neutral; it would not be good for HPC if it were "captured" by one ideology and drove out all others.